Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ)
COMMUNITY CULTIVATOR (SUMMER POSITION)
Full-Time Contract Position
June 26, 2023 to September 1, 2023
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
To be eligible, youth must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in
Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
The Community Cultivator will work as part of the Parry Sound Community Gardens (PSCG) team and have
the opportunity to support and connect with people living with developmental disabilities, learn from
experienced gardeners and play a crucial role in this grassroots, environmentally sustainable project.
The PSCG initiative is one that contributes to a prosperous local economy for every citizen and promotes a
vibrant, healthy community for all. The Community Cultivator will report to the Supervisor of Employment
Services and will be scheduled to work Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm. Rate of pay: $18/hr.
The successful candidate will:
• Develop valuable working relationships with all stakeholders of the PSCG Project
• Support people with developmental disabilities who are interested in gardening
• Provide day-to-day maintenance of the gardens as well as other properties managed by Community Living
Parry Sound (including but not limited to planting, weeding, yard work, watering, and harvesting)
• Ensure project sustainability and effectiveness in promoting the growth and inclusivity of our community
• Assist in the coordination of community volunteers
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Applicants must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written and must have the ability to
work both independently and as a part of a team, as well as have respect for all abilities and people. The
applicant must have the ability to recognize people’s skills, potential & capacity to get involved and be included
Community Living Parry Sound is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure
equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that
you may require regarding any materials or processes. We thank all applicants who apply; however only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal
information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only.
Deadline for applications June 9, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your resume including
a cover letter to:
Victoria Murray, Supervisor of Human Resources
Community Living Parry Sound
38 Joseph St.
Parry Sound, ON P2A 2G5
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com