Website Community Living Parry Sound
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
To be eligible, youth must:
– be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
– be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
– have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in
Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
The Community Cultivator will work as part of the Parry Sound Community Gardens (PSCG) team and have
the opportunity to support and connect with people living with developmental disabilities, learn from
experienced gardeners and be exposed to the community benefits of a grass roots environmentally
sustainable project. The PSCG initiative is one that contributes to a prosperous local economy for every citizen and promotes a liveable community for all.
The student will:
– Develop valuable working relationships with the managers, volunteers, and business partners of the Parry
Sound Community Garden Project
– Provide direct support to people with developmental disabilities who are interested in gardening
– Provide day-to-day maintenance of the garden project as well as other properties managed by Community
Living Parry Sound (including but not limited to planting, weeding, yard work, watering, and harvesting)
– Ensure the garden project sustainability and effectiveness in promoting our communities growth
– Assist in the coordination of community volunteers
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Applicants must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written and must have the ability to
work both independently and as a part of a team, as well as have respect for all abilities and people. The
applicant must have the ability to recognize people’s skills, potential & capacity to get involved and be included as citizens.
Deadline for applications May 7th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your resume including references and cover letter to:
Scheduling & Human Resources Coordinator
Community Living Parry Sound
38 Joseph St. Parry Sound, ON P2A 2G5
Community Living Parry Sound is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require regarding any materials or processes. We thank all applicants who apply; however only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org