Community Living Parry Sound has worked with people with a developmental disability and their families for 57 years.
Our purpose is to support people with disabilities to build better lives in community, and we envision a community where all people have the power and freedom to determine the life they want.
Our programs and services continue to grow and are seeking Community Inclusion & Support Facilitators who are excited about our mission and desire to enhance the lives of people we support.
The successful candidate for this position will have a caseload.
• Minimum College diploma in a Social Services discipline
• A minimum of two years with a special needs population with progressive and related experience
• Valid Ontario G driver’s license
• Flexibility to meet changing needs of people and their families
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to work effectively within intensive support relationships
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication (written and oral) skills with a professional and enthusiastic demeanor
• Experience in case coordination
• Valid CPR/First Aid Level C Certification
• Valid Non Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate
• Access to a reliable vehicle for business use with minimum $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage and
OPCF6A or equivalent
• Proficiency in the use of email, internet, word processing and databases
RATE OF PAY:
• Start Rate: Full-Time Contract – $24.01 per hour as per our Collective Agreement
• Start Rate: Part-Time Contract – $22.10 per hour as per our Collective Agreement
Hours of work will include a variety of shifts, including weekdays, weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays
Upon hire you will be required to complete an Enhanced Police Records Check which includes a Vulnerable Sector Check
If you do not have valid First Aid/CPR Level C certification, you will be required to obtain within three months of hire date
The successful candidate will initially be hired as a Regular Part-Time Community Inclusion & Support Facilitator. The One-Year Full-Time Contract Position will commence upon successful completion of the orientation period and confirmation of all required qualifications. At the conclusion of the One-Year Full-Time Contract, the position will revert back to Regular Part-Time.
Please forward your resume including references and cover letter to:
Scheduling & Human Resources Coordinator
Community Living Parry Sound
38 Joseph St.
Parry Sound, ON P2A 2G5
Community Living Parry Sound is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require regarding any materials or processes. We thank all applicants who apply; however only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com