The Community Services department is currently has an immediate opening for
two Arena Custodians.
Temporary, three months (s) with the possibility of extension
Reporting to the Community Services Supervisor, this temporary contract is responsible
for the cleaning of the Municipal Arena and upstairs hall in between and during rentals.
This position will be scheduled to work weekdays, evenings and/weekends based on ice
and hall rentals. We anticipate the hours to be 6 to 8 per shift or as required.
Term: August to October 2021.
Qualifications and Duties:
• You will greet all visitors coming into the Municipal Arena at the door and be
responsible to obtain “User Group” contact tracing prior to permitting use of the
• You will be responsible to clean and sanitized all floors, washrooms, lobby areas,
elevators, dressing rooms, bleachers daily.
• You will disinfect all common touch-points frequently (ie door handles)
• Wash walls and clean glass and windows inside and out.
• Ensure sufficient supply of paper and cleaning products are available and
communicate with Supervisor inventory of supplies and any malfunction of
• Operate floor scrubber and electrostatic sprayer.
• Keep records on cleaning and maintenance activities.
• Ability to work as a cooperative team player in promoting a strong and positive
• Ability to read and understand legislation and manuals as related to equipment
operation, highway traffic act regulations, traffic control responsibilities and health
and safety legislation and policies.
• The ability to follow and complete instructions from supervisors.
• An understanding of Workplace Safety and the Occupational Health and Safety
Pay Rate: $20.18 per hour (2-1) Position will remain open until filled.
Interested applicants can send their resume to
Christine Dixon, Deputy Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Humphrey Drive, Seguin, ON P2A 2W8
Phone: (705) 732-4300 Fax: 705) 732-6347
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal
information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, and will only be used for the purpose of
candidate selection. The Township of Seguin is an equal opportunity employer, if you require
accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact our office.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com