Are you ready to make your contribution to health care? Do you want to make an impact in the lives of patients needing compassionate, thoughtful and professional care?
As an integral part of the health care team, you will encourage, support and promote independence for patients in home and community care settings by assisting with activities of daily living under the supervision of our Personal Support Managers.
We continue to deepen our presence throughout Ontario and require energetic, dedicated Community Support Workers (CSWs) to help us provide patient and family-centered care in the below listed areas:
· Port Carling
· Honey Harbour
In addition to being a frontline hero during one of the most challenging health care events in recent history, we are offering the following incentives to qualified candidates:
· An extra $3.00 permanent government wage enhancement, on top of existing hourly wages.
· A $750 payment for a CSW with a PSW certificate, with payments of $250* after 3 months of work and $500* after 12 months of work; or
· A $500 payment for a CSW without a PSW certificate, with payments of $250* after 3 months of work and $250* after 12 months of work.
*less usual statutory deductions
We are looking for Certified Personal Support Workers. Not certified? CarePartners offers a paid training program. This paid training is 4 week commitment and employment with CarePartners after as a Home Support Worker!!
For more information about the Home Support Worker program with CarePartners, please email Recruiter.Maddy@CarePartners.ca.
YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT BY:
· Assisting with activities of daily living such as personal care (rise and retire), assistance with household tasks, respite care, medication assistance, special functions
· Promoting a safe environment by demonstrating proper body mechanics, safe transfer techniques and home safety
· Providing cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the patient
· Preparing nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, using proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices.
Safety and Personal Wellness
· During the pandemic, full personal protective equipment in identified “hot zones” and ongoing support and safety protocols designed to protect you and your patients
· Total rewards program which includes benefit package
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family members
· A COVID-19 hotline, to answer your questions and concerns
Personal and Professional Support
· Flexible hours and diverse assignments to suit your busy life
· Thoughtful scheduling by location, respecting your time
· Opportunities for continuing education and training
· Leadership support 24/7
· A strong desire and commitment to making a difference in the lives of our patients
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Availability to work non-traditional hours, such as early morning, evenings and alternate weekends
· Current immunization record (within last 12 months)
· A valid driver’s license and vehicle
· Current vulnerable sector check screening
· Valid Certificate as a Personal Support Worker, Health Care Aid, Developmental Support Worker, Home Support Worker Level 2 or 3, or enrollment in a Nursing program
CarePartners promotes and facilitates, as appropriate, the immunization of employees in order to provide a safe working environment for its employees, to deliver safe care to patients and to fulfill its commitment to evidence- based health promotion. In accordance with Public Health and Government directives CarePartners has implemented safety protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. All employees will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as directed by CarePartners and mandated by public health authorities. All new hires of CarePartners are required at this time to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with our policies and procedures.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiter.Maddy@CarePartners.ca