Denovo Treatment Centre
Hours of Work: Part-Time: 40-80 hours bi-weekly; days, afternoons, weekends Shift duration options: four (4) to eleven (11) hours
Rate of Pay: $18.04/hr to $24.27/hr as per LiUNA 3000 Collective Agreement Grid (Probationary increase)
Date Posted: September 23, 2022
At De Novo Treatment Centre, we offer a rewarding and supportive work environment where employees make a difference.
De Novo Treatment Centre’s Values:
Compassion, Diversity, Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Learning.
De Novo Treatment Centre is an accredited (CCA) substance abuse treatment service and provider of substance use treatment services to the members and employer associations within the unionized Construction Industry. This service extends to their family members. We seek to provide hope, strength and tools for our clients in need of a New Beginning, to help them move forward on their journey in recovery.
We are seeking individuals who are interested in contributing to a bigger picture; helping to provide a warm and friendly healing environment for those facing addiction challenges.
- Prepare, serve and cleanup a maximum of three meals and three snacks daily as required.
- To have knowledge of and ensure Public Health standards are achieved and maintained within the work areas.
- Contribute within the kitchen environment regarding inventory and ordering of supplies and goods as required.
- Actively participate in team meetings/events as required.
- Communicate with other team members of ongoing changes in duties and the current status of the kitchen or client needs.
- Assist with meal planning, inventory and ordering while staying within the set budget and under the supervision of the Manager, Food Services and/or Executive Director.
- Ensure daily menu planning/preparation is made for the next shift, following the preparation schedule, or as required.
- Assume a leadership role within the organization around cleanliness and safety in the work area.
- To inform the Manager, Food Services/Clinical Managers/Executive Director when additional client supervision or intervention is required, treating clients respectfully and professionally at all times.
- Seek additional training and/or knowledge in the food service industry as required.
- Report food service needs and concerns to the Manager, Food Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work in a team setting.
- 1-2 year’s experience preferred.
- Food service diploma or equivalent an asset but not required.
- Available to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Current First Aid and CPR training certificates.
- Current Food Handler certification, or ability to acquire.
- Problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check required.
- Ability to use and learn new technology (computers, software programs, phones, printers, scanner, etc.).
- Dental care
- Extended health benefits
- Wellness program
- Counselling services
- Meal program
- Free onsite parking
- Training/education programs
Please note that we are a scent-free organization.
Application Deadline: Posted until filled.
Submit to: Aaron Sinclair, Executive Director
Kelly Marshall, Executive Assistant, email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org