Full time Position – 40 hours
Wage: $15.50 to $16.75 per hour
The key to our success is our dedicated team of hosts that strive for togetherness and create locale
experiences for our guests that are unique, creative and build long lasting relationships.
Our Cook Apprenticeship program here at Deerhurst offers any individual with cooking experience an
opportunity to be trained by the highly talented Chefs in our Culinary department. We will provide you
with the required training and hours in order to challenge the Interprovincial Red Seal.
– Build and maintain relationships with food service departments ensuring a common vision is
shared to provide exceptional service to our guests
– Ensure that all equipment, fixtures, and supplies of the department are kept in good supply and
in good repair
– Ensure all colleagues work safely and in accordance to existing policies, taking appropriate
action when necessary
– Work in compliance with Resort’s health and safety standards and government regulations
– Ensure cohesion with other colleagues and work together with stewarding associates to
maintain a clean and sanitary environment
– Prepares quality food on timely and accurate basis to guests specifications based on established
– Assumes a leadership role in the absence of the Chef de Partie
– Maintains a high focus on sanitation and working clean
– Handles and stores food as per the sanitary guidelines
– Reports any faulty equipment immediately
– Recognizes quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, dairy and other meat products
– Maintain daily temperature audits.
– Hospitality oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
– Able to work well with others and within a team
– Able to take initiative within given guidelines
– Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness
– Has exceptional energy, flexibility and professionalism
– Has effective communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
– Has familiarity with all stations, broiler, pans, garde manger, entremetier etc.
– Able to adapt in a fast pace, constant changing environment within a dynamic work
– Able to maintain composure and objectivity in any situation
– Able to identify problems and make recommendations for improvements
– Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
– 3-5 years experience in a similar sized restaurant, hotel or resort preferred
– Food safety training certificate required
– Aspire to challenge Red Seal
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
– Constant standing and walking throughout shift
– Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
– Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
– Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Benefits and Employee Perks are available
To apply for this job please visit deerhurstresort.com.