Website DeNovo Treatment Centre
Position: Two (2) Part-Time Counsellors
Hours of Work: 50-80 hours bi-weekly; days, afternoons, weekends, and potentially nights
Rate of Pay: $21.62/hr – $24.84/hr as per LiUNA 3000 Collective Agreement Grid (Probationary increase)
Date Posted: September 23, 2022
At De Novo Treatment Centre, we offer a rewarding and supportive work environment that will enhance your “helping” career.
De Novo Treatment Centre’s Values:
Compassion, Diversity, Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Learning.
De Novo Treatment Centre is an accredited (CCA) substance abuse treatment service and provider of substance use treatment services to the members and employer associations within the unionized Construction Industry. This service extends to their family members. We seek to provide hope, strength and tools for our clients in need of a New Beginning, to help them move forward on their journey in recovery.
We are seeking individuals who have experience and skills working in the helping field of addiction and mental health who share the common goal of making a difference. Individuals who are looking to be supported in developing their knowledge and skills through training and certification at De Novo Treatment Centre.
- Respond to inquiries with a knowledge of addiction services using effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provide direction through the admission process while offering support.
- Conduct screenings, assessing client immediate risk management needs if any, responding to client crisis as required and as appropriate; determine appropriateness and suitability of a person for agency services.
- Provide referrals as required, i.e., withdrawal management, Alcoholics Anonymous, Crisis Centres, etc.
- Complete initial intakes and orientation with clients upon admission following De Novo Treatment Centre policies.
- Conduct an initial assessment as a mutual investigation or exploration to determine specific client needs, characteristics, problems, goals and/or Stages of Change.
- Complete assessments and interviews with clients; negotiate a treatment plan with the client based on assessment results: the client’s strengths, prioritized problem areas, clinical judgement, client preferences, readiness for change and any identified barriers to treatment.
- Implement the treatment plan, including referrals as appropriate and refer clients to the most appropriate community and provincial supports, as required, including Aftercare programming.
- Conduct individual and group counselling sessions with clients as outlined by De Novo Treatment Centre including Family and Aftercare programming.
- Address client concerns and crisis through crisis intervention, as required.
- Provide intervention, lifestyle and personal counselling to assist individuals with managing substance abuse or related problems.
- Assist clients with developing skills to achieve and maintain treatment goals through activities such as relapse prevention strategies, guided self-change, family/support system intervention and Aftercare supports.
- Adher to a client-centered, eclectic counselling approach using Best Practices, Stages of Change, Motivational Interviewing, and other proven treatment modalities.
- Ensure that there is a clearly identified primary Counsellor for each client and as the primary Counsellor, provide ongoing assessments of each client and make collaborative adjustments to the treatment as needed.
- Conduct internal and external consultations and case conferences, as required. Seek and utilize clinical supervision regularly and as required.
- Develop and implement a complete discharge plan, referring to Aftercare and other related resources with client’s permission and as appropriate.
- Ensure that comprehensive documentation is complete for each client through management of case fields and case notes.
- Close client files and complete follow up as required by De Novo Treatment Centre.
- Maintain knowledge, skills, and abilities by keeping up-to-date professional standards through reviewing current literature, attending workshops/seminars educational training, and ensuring all credentials are up to date through continuing education and recertification with any governing body or colleges you belong to.
- Must be able to work in a team setting.
- Diploma or Degree in Human Services.
- Experience working in Addiction/Mental Health an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR training certificates.
- Problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check required.
- Ability to use and learn new technology (computers, software programs, phones, printers, scanner, alarm, and security systems).
- May be required to transport clients of the agency and therefore you are to hold a valid Ontario G or G2 driver’s license.
- Dental care
- Extended health benefits
- Wellness program
- Counselling services
- Meal program
- Free onsite parking
- Training/education programs
Please note that we are a scent-free organization.
Application Deadline: Posted until filled.
Submit to: Aaron Sinclair, Executive Director
Kelly Marshall, Executive Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit denovo.ca..