- Parry Sound — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: Jun 13, 2022
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Counsellor – YMCA Day Camp
Thank you for your interest in joining the 2022 Day Camp team! We are looking to build an amazing staff team that will provide exciting programs and activities to day campers in 9 communities across Simcoe, Muskoka and Parry Sound. The pandemic will continue to affect how we operate Day Camps this year, we are confident that we will be able to offer a robust program. We will work with the Camping Guidelines, Public Health and the Government of Ontario to keep campers and staff safe.
Application process – Please go to https://ymcaofsimcoemuskoka.ca/careers/job-postings/ and select “View all available positions here”. Select the job that you would like to apply for and complete the prompts to create an account and apply for the job. Please apply to all the jobs you are interested in this summer on the online system. Please indicate your resume or cover letter your top 3 preferred locations of the following: Alliston, Barrie, Collingwood, Gravenhurst, Innisfil, Midland, Orillia, Parry Sound and Wasaga Beach Applications will be considered in the order that they are received if positions remain available.
Available positions will remain posted on the YSM website. If you have any questions about the staff application process or any of the information contained within this package, please do not hesitate to contact the camp office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Counsellor Position Locations: Alliston (12), Barrie (12), Collingwood (8), Gravenhurst (3), Innisfil (12), Midland (9), Parry Sound (6), Orillia (9), and Wasaga Beach (9) Reports to: On Site Coordinator, Assistant On Site Coordinator Supports: Campers General Function: Camp Counsellors are responsible for making the magic of camp happen. They deliver daily programming, ensure camper safety and wellbeing, and provide quality care and supervision for their group of 10 campers.
Camp Counsellors are fun, creative, caring and energetic. In this role staff may be required to work 7:00-3:00pm, 8:30-4:30pm, 10:00-6:00pm or split shifts. Key Responsibilities: • Programming: Lead and participate in all programs and actively swim with campers each day. Modify programming to fit the age and skill level of all participants.
- Camper Care: Interact with all campers in a positive and supportive manner in line with the Healthy Childhood Development frameworks. Be a role model for safety and take responsibility for the supervision and security of all participants in your care at all times. • Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service to all campers, parents/guardians, and service providers as a representative of the YMCA. Demonstrate a strong support of and commitment to the mission, vision, and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA of Canada.
- Administration: Complete all necessary paperwork (site checks, program paperwork, incident reports, staff meetings, and parent feedback). • Additional responsibilities: Additional duties may be added and roles altered to support operations and measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Competencies: • Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth. • Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Inclusiveness: Understands and commits to promoting equal opportunity and support for all children regardless of ability. • Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards. • Sense of Community: Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of community and responds to identified needs. Qualifications: • Standard First Aid and CPR C • Experience working with children • Must be a minimum 17 years of age on or before December 31, 2022.
- Must be a student returning to school in September of 2022. • Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sectors Screening for those 18+ years of age. Applicants are advised to begin the Criminal Record Check process early as it may take several weeks to obtain results. • Proof of 2nd COVID vaccination required Salary: $565/week based on a five day work week Contract Dates: June 27th to September 2nd (no work on July 1st or August 1st) We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com. Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screen and three professional references for review prior to starting employment.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ymcaofsimcoemuskoka.ca.