Canadian Mental Health Association
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING: OCTOBER 2, 2019 – OCTOBER 11, 2019
CRISIS SUPPORT WORKER
Job Status: Permanent
Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE, 35 hours per week – expected start date: as soon as possible
Base office: Parry Sound
Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of the position is the delivery of high quality crisis intervention, assessment, intake and triage on a day-to-day basis as part of the Crisis/Intake Clinical Team. The incumbent will participate in a confidential telephone and mobile crisis service to consumers with serious mental illnesses and individuals experiencing other acute crises. The incumbent will also provide a range of case management duties and counselling services to assist with other functions of the agency as needed. The incumbent will provide timely and immediate accessible information, referral and support for consumers accessing service via telephone or mobile outreach response. The incumbent will assist the Intake function to assess, screen and provide internal and external referrals to people who contact the agency seeking services.
Education and Qualifications:
- Preferred qualifications include a Master’s level post-secondary degree in Psychology, Psychiatric Nursing, Social Work or equivalent degree, along with current registration in good standing within their respective professional regulatory body/college, including College of Nurses of Ontario, Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, or College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the practices of psychotherapy
- Demonstrated experience in providing group, individual and walk-in therapy
- Practical experience and knowledge working with people with serious mental illnesses and addictions and a commitment to their rights
- Demonstrated competency with principles and practices of individual, group and crisis interventions
- Ability to work autonomously and with a multidisciplinary team in a rural setting
- A willingness to serve consumers within the communities of the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook Calendaring and consumer information systems
- A valid Ontario G or G2 driver’s license and a safe reliable means of transportation
- A willingness to work shifts (including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays)
- Bilingual in French is an asset
Salary scale: $33.18 to $40.91 per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound is a scent-free organization
You are invited to submit your application quoting competition #37-19 by 4:30 p.m. on October 11, 2019, to:
The Hiring Committee
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
173-202 Manitoba Street
Bracebridge, Ontario P1L 1S3
Telephone: (705) 645-2262 Fax: (705) 645-7473
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka – Parry Sound (CMHAMPS) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Qualified consumers/survivors and/or family members are encouraged to apply.
We retain all applications submitted for one (1) year after the closing date of this posting for consideration in any future postings.
As part of our commitment to Accessibility, if you wish this information in a different format, please contact our office at 705-645-2262. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please let us know prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33.18 to $40.91 /hour