McDougall Insurance and Financial
Customer Service Representative – Personal Lines
McDougall Insurance and Financial
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Salary: $40,000–$45,000 a year
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Shift & schedule: Day shift, Monday to Friday
McDougall Insurance is now the largest insurance brokerage in Eastern Ontario. We represent over 50 insurance companies, giving us the ability to offer optimal selection and competitive rates. Here at McDougall we have created an Employee Promise. The leadership of McDougall Insurance promises to foster an environment of support, empowerment and inclusion, while investing in our employee’s future with McDougall Insurance. In turn, our employees promise to treat others with dignity and respect and strive to approach each day with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Together, we promise to deliver Legendary Service to our customers and apply the McDougall principals of Trust, Honesty and Integrity with a goal of building strong lasting relationships. The result is our staff is engaged, accountable and professional.
At McDougall Insurance and Financial we offer our employees; a comprehensive benefits package, McDougall pension plan, staff appreciation days, social events, a branch-wide yearend bonus, a competitive salary and paid vacation time starting at 3 weeks.
Our growing team is looking for a Customer Service Representative in Personal Lines to join our team in Parry Sound, Ontario!
Are you looking to start a new career? Do you have strong customer service skills? If so, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. We provide you with all the tools, knowledge and training you need to be successful in this role.
- To provide legendary service directly to the client, after the sale by the Sales Executive.
- Communicate with the client in person, by phone, email, text, etc. to answer all of their questions/inquiries, provide professional advice or recommendations regarding their coverage, and collect relevant information.
- Process additions, deletions or changes to their policy on the appropriate broker management system (EPIC)
- Ensure all transactions and renewals are accounted for and processed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provide quotations or estimates to clients on premiums, update information, and confirm data and coverage and to record appropriate changes or adjustments.
- Communicate with insurance company personnel as required.
- As an independent broker working for your client, acts as liaison with the insurer and balances the interests of the client, McDougall Insurance and the insurance company in force.
- Function as part of a team responsible for assisting in the collection of accounts receivable and in any other area as required.
- Where appropriate, procure a sale, normally through upgrading and bundling coverage for personal lines clients
- Must have exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times and maintains a position of trust and confidentiality.
- Acts in an open, respectful, honest and helpful manner with all team members, clients and other staff.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing and eligible to obtain a RIBO license
RIBO stands for the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario. RIBO regulates the licensing, professional competence, ethical conduct and insurance related financial obligations of all independent general insurance brokers in the province of Ontario. To learn more please visit https://www.ribo.com/
What We Offer:
- Dedication to investing in our employees’ future by offering RIBO, CAIB, and other designation education reimbursement
- A supportive and inclusive culture where diversity is valued
- A competitive employee health and dental benefits program including long term disability
- A competitive pension plan
- Paid vacation time
- Access to ongoing training and development through our McDougall training team
McDougall Insurance and Financial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to find individuals who are passionate about their work and treat others with dignity and respect.
If you need assistance or an accommodation, you may reach out to our Human Resources Department through our website:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: In person
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.