YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Day Camp 2023 – Assistant On Site Coordinator
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Company Site or Indeed
Salary: $620 a week
Job type: Fixed term contract
Full Job Description
Position Locations: Alliston (2), Barrie (1), Collingwood (1), Innisfil (1), Midland (1), Parry Sound (1), Orillia (2), and Wasaga Beach (1)
Reports to: On Site Coordinator Supports: Counsellors, Volunteers
Salary: $620/week based on a five day work week
Contract Dates: June 12th to September 1st (no work on July 1st or August 7th)
Assistant On Site Coordinators are responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of the daily creative, fun, and interactive programming. They provide ongoing support to all counsellors and volunteers, and act as the On Site Coordinator’s designate when they are absent. Assistant On Site Coordinators are program delivery experts and are always prepared with a variety of back pocket games and transition activity ideas.
- Leadership: Act as a role model for all staff and volunteers. Coach other staff to effectively lead age appropriate programming. Take the lead in volunteer intake, scheduling, support, and hours tracking.
- Programming: Develop and implement age appropriate program curriculum in line with the YMCA values and CATCH philosophy. Lead and participate in all programs and actively swim with campers each day.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service to all campers, parents/guardians, and service providers as a representative of the YMCA. Demonstrate a strong support of and commitment to the mission, vision, and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA of Canada.
- Administration: Maintain an accurate program equipment inventory and list of program equipment purchase needs. Provide newsletter information to the On Site Coordinator each week. Participate in weekly staff meetings. Complete all necessary paperwork.
- Assist On Site Coordinator with all duties and administration.
- Additional responsibilities: Additional duties may be added and roles altered to support operations and measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
- Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Inclusiveness: Understands and commits to promoting equal opportunity and support for all children regardless of ability.
- Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
- Sense of Community: Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of community and responds to identified needs.
- Teamwork: Actively build teams and encourage open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
- Initiative: Seek and find solutions to problems without waiting for direction; identifies new ideas that will assist in achieving mission and strategic goals.
- Standard First Aid and CPR C
- National Lifeguard considered an asset at Geneva Park, Midland, and Springwater.
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age as on December 31, 2022.
- Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sectors Screening. Applicants are advised to begin the Criminal Record Check process early as it may take several weeks to obtain results.
Applications will remain open until filled.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screen and three professional references for review prior to starting employment.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.