YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Day Camp 2023 – Daycamp Counsellor
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Company Site or Indeed
Salary: $585 a week
Job type: Fixed term contract
Full Job Description
Position Locations: Alliston (12), Barrie (12), Bradford (5) Collingwood (8), Gravenhurst (3), Innisfil (12), Midland (9), Parry Sound (6), Orillia (9), and Wasaga Beach (9)
Reports to: On Site Coordinator, Assistant On Site Coordinator
Salary: $585/week based on a five day work week
Contract Dates: June 26th to September 1st (no work on July 1st or August 7th)
Camp Counsellors are responsible for making the magic of camp happen. They deliver daily programming, ensure camper safety and wellbeing, and provide quality care and supervision for their group of 10 campers. Camp Counsellors are fun, creative, caring and energetic. In this role staff may be required to work 7:00-3:00pm, 8:30-4:30pm, 10:00-6:00pm or split shifts.
- Programming: Lead and participate in all programs and actively swim with campers each day. Modify programming to fit the age and skill level of all participants.
- Camper Care: Interact with all campers in a positive and supportive manner in line with the Healthy Childhood Development frameworks. Be a role model for safety and take responsibility for the supervision and security of all participants in your care at all times.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service to all campers, parents/guardians, and service providers as a representative of the YMCA. Demonstrate a strong support of and commitment to the mission, vision, and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA of Canada.
- Administration: Complete all necessary paperwork (site checks, program paperwork, incident reports, staff meetings, and parent feedback).
- Additional responsibilities: Additional duties may be added and roles altered to support operations and measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
- Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Inclusiveness: Understands and commits to promoting equal opportunity and support for all children regardless of ability.
- Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
- Sense of Community: Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of community and responds to identified needs.
- Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Experience working with children
- Must be a minimum 17 years of age on or before December 31, 2022.
- Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sectors Screening for those 18+ years of age. Applicants are advised to begin the Criminal Record Check process early as it may take several weeks to obtain results.
Applications will remain open until filled.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screen and three professional references for review prior to starting employment.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.