As a Diamond Turning Associate at Raytheon ELCAN, you will be an integral part of our precision optics manufacturing team, contributing to the production of high-performance optical components. In this role, you will utilize advanced diamond turning equipment and techniques to shape and polish optical surfaces with unparalleled precision, ensuring the quality and accuracy of our products.
– Manufacturing of optical elements using CNC Diamond Turning machines.
– Measurement of optical elements using various methods of measurement including interferometry.
– Maintains cleanliness and organization within work area.
– Maintains adherence and diligence to specifications and Work Instruction packages, ensuring that the operation is efficient, safe and that product quality is achieved
Education and Technical Requirements:
– Technical ability to read blue prints, sketches, interpret drawings and geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
– Post-secondary education in CNC programming courses
– Strong knowledge of various pieces of metrology equipment. Ie. Calipers, height gauges, micrometers. etc.
– Understanding of quality systems.
– Intermediate knowledge of CNC single point diamond turning machines.
– Ability to read and understand complete drawing packages, including both Optical and Mechanical blue prints.
– Interpret and apply surface quality specifications.
Key Competencies we are seeking in our team members:
– Effectual interpersonal leadership and communications skills.
– Proficient in using basic computer programs and applications, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
– Planning and coordinating of resources and activities within the team and other departments as required.
– Accountability to stay motivated and resilient even when faced with inevitable delays, setbacks and policy shifts.
– Required to perform shift work as necessary.
– Ability to handle a large amount of work effectively and efficiently.
Raytheon ELCAN offers a competitive compensation package that includes incentive program, benefits, and pension plan.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal reference check and obtain/maintain a Government of Canada security clearance and any applicable clearances with respect to the handling and transfer of controlled goods.
Raytheon ELCAN is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; we welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Raytheon ELCAN will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.rtx.com.