Fairvern Nursing Home
Fairvern Nursing Home, Huntsville, Ontario is looking to hire a few DIETARY AIDES for our Dietary Department. This position pays $19.04 per hour.
Under the direction of the Manager of Support Services, the Dietary Aide will be accountable for:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist with the preparation of food items for serving meals including beverages, salads, sandwiches, and desserts.
· Assist the Cook with hot food preparation.
· Setting the tables for meal service, tray assembly for infirmary, and cookware washing.
· Follow sanitation and safety procedures on an ongoing basis for all kitchen equipment.
· Perform cleaning duties as per cleaning schedule and job routines.
· Serves meals as per therapeutic guidelines.
· Participate in educational in services; identify personal education needs.
· Perform other duties as directed by the Manager of Support Services or Cook.
· Food Handlers Certificate preferred or willing to obtain before or after start
· Secondary School Diploma required
· Previous experience in institutional food service preferred
· Performance and personal conduct that exemplifies the corporate Core Value and Vision Statement.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills to handle interactions with residents (including working with the Cognitively Impaired Residents), families, staff and volunteers.
· Good physical and mental health with the ability to work shifts with regular and punctual attendance.
· A pleasant and cooperative attitude is essential in order to create a warm and happy environment for the residents of the nursing home.
· Ability to participate in a team environment.
· Commitment to attend continuing education and in-service education.
· Interest in a clean and safe environment
· Capable of carrying out basic dietary procedures.
· Capable of using and care of all tools and equipment that he/she may use, and carrying out instructions for the cleaning and care of all areas assigned to him/her.
· Ability and willingness to follow Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
· Prolonged standing and walking. Repeated bending at the waist.
· Repetitive movements. Regular lifting <20 lbs. i.e. equipment, supplies, etc. (pushing, pulling).
· Operating manual, mechanical and electrical equipment such as mops, oven, steamers, meat slicers etc. Exposure to extreme temperatures.
· May be exposed to physical or verbal aggression by cognitively impaired residents.
If interested in applying, please email your resume to Teri Morano, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org