Position: Director of Recreation
Employment Type: Full Time Management
Please Apply by July 12th with a resume
THIS IS A MATERNITY LEAVE POSITION AND GOES FROM JULY 26th- DECEMBER 31st 2021.
We are looking for an energetic, creative and dedicated person to manage the Recreation Department at King Place (750 King Street, Midland).
You will be responsible for creating, planning, and delivering engaging recreational activities for our residents. You will encourage resident participation in recreation programs to ensure that “life is better here”.
Primary Duties Include:
Collaboration – Work with the General Manager, residents and staff to develop engaging recreation programs that meet the needs of the residents.
Management – Effectively manage staff and volunteers within approved budgets.
Delivery- Deliver programs you’ve developed on a daily basis. Engaging the residents is your primary goal.
Compliance – Ensure policies, procedures, processes and systems are in place and being monitored.
Encouragement – Help our residents live better lives. Endorse resident’s rights and a culture of non-abuse. Facilitate Resident Town Hall meetings.
Publish – Develop daily and monthly calendars, a monthly newsletter, and update and maintain a social media presence with the assistance of the company and general manager.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Determining resident’s needs (Emotional and Mental Wellness, Physical Wellness, Social Wellness, and Spiritual Wellness) and developing programming to meet these needs.
- Assess success and improve recreation programs
- Facilitating special events as part of a vibrant management team
- Make connections with local service providers, social clubs, schools and special interest groups and develop programming in connection to them.
- Grow and evaluate an active volunteer program to support resident’s needs.
Your Abilities Include:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized institution in the field of recreation/activation, therapeutic recreation, wellness, gerontology, kinesiology or a related field
- Certifications or training in gerontology, senior’s fitness, Dementia/Alzheimer’s, wellness interventions, SmartServe, Food Handling and volunteer management are considered an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in recreation and one (1) year of leadership experience working with mature adults and seniors in a related setting
- Previous experience working with seniors
- Knowledge of community resources, service development
- Better than average computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and social media applications.
- Strong leadership skills; experience managing staff and volunteers
- Effective oral and written communication skills to respectfully and compassionately work with older adults and their families
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Contract length: 5 months
Application deadline: 2021-07-05
Expected start date: 2021-07-26
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $31,900.00-$32,000.00 per year
All King Place employees must always wear a medical mask and maintain strict infection control protocols. Biweekly COVID testing (at our facility) is standard practice. We strongly encourage COVID 19 vaccination.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org