- Full Time
- Parry Sound — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: May 26, 2022
Full Job Description
A DSD Receiver coordinates the prompt processing of direct and local merchandise for delivery to the sales floor, while maintaining exemplary customer service by adhering to the Basic Beliefs and values of Wal-Mart.
Provides excellent customer service through our basic beliefs
Respect for the Individual: Contribute to a unique family and team environment by demonstrating respect for and sensitivity to all individuals; support Wal-Mart’s commitment to diversity; follow through on commitments; and communicate courteously with fellow associates, and customers.
Service to our Customers: Greet all internal and external customers with warmth, enthusiasm, energy, and courtesy, showing a personal interest in them. Determine and deliver what help is needed.
Strive for Excellence: Behave in a lawful, honest, and ethical manner at all times. Set and achieve high standards of performance. Take personal responsibility for completing duties timely and efficiently; show initiative; and suggest ways in which Wal-Mart can continuously improve.
Act with Integrity: Represent Walmart with fairness and honesty by keeping your word, being fair and open with fellow Associates, Customers, vendors and other stakeholders. Operate on behalf of the Company’s best interests, while remaining in compliance with all laws Walmart policies, standards and processes.
· Practicing the 3 meter Attitude.
· Preparing Returns, Claims, MTRs, for prompt shipment with all necessary documentation.
· Ensuring directs are processed efficiently
· Training DSD processors to follow all receiving area processes.
· Ensuring backdoor is maintained securely in accordance with Company guidelines.
· Logging in and checking in all local and direct shipments.
· Pulling purchase orders and scanning prices to ensure accuracy.
· Counting items to match quantity on purchase order/invoice.
· Making labels/tickets for any necessary merchandise.
· Sending all damages to Claims.
· Correcting all not-on-file (NOF) and price difference merchandise.
· Notifying the Office Support Associate of any price changes and local item types prior to sending merchandise to the sales floor.
· Contacting appropriate department when merchandise is Ready To Go.
· Notifying Assistant Manager / Instock Team Supervisor of merchandise that is not being immediately sent to the sales floor.
· Records information, updates charts/books with specific information.
· Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Maintains departmental operational standards by:
· Completing daily zone defense before break, lunch and before leaving at the end of the day.
· Placing boxes and trash in the compactor and baler when necessary.
· Follows guidelines for cold chain compliance, food handling, and food safety, documenting all information on the Receiving Temperature Log.
· Working co-operatively with the Instock Team.
· Working with the Assistant Manager to correct any problems.
Practices safe work habits by:
· Stretching/warming-up prior to shift.
· Being knowledgeable of and following emergency and safety procedures.
· Following Health and Safety guidelines.
· Keeping the area N.C.O. and free of fixtures, unnecessary debris, foreign objects, and liquids.
· Maintaining unblocked and unlocked exits.
· Using proper lifting techniques.
· Stable stacking of merchandise.
· Following proper safety rules for box blades, pallet jacks, ladders, Baler, Compactor etc.
· Ensuring truck trailer wheels are choked.
· Being familiar with lockout/tagout procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
· Ability to determine the number of individual things in a unit or group.
Basic Reading/Writing Skills
· Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
· The Associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· The Associate is regularly required to walk or stand.
· The Associate must constantly lift and/or move objects weighing up to 18 kg (40 lbs.) and occasionally up to 27 kg (60 lbs.).
· The Associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping.
· The Associate will occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat.
· The Associate will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions.
· The Associate will be required to reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
· The Associate will be required to have sufficient co-ordination (i.e. placing and screwing in small washer on bolt, picking up a paper clip, etc…).
· The Associate may be required to perform tasks that require repetitive foot actions such as climbing.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described in this section is representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The associate is regularly exposed to hot and cold air from receiving doors and/or freezer/coolers.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.walmart.ca.