- Full Time
- Parry Sound — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: Dec 20, 2021
Fowler Construction Company Limited
DZ Highway Maintenance Driver
To operate a plow, sander, or combination plow/sander, while driving a tri-axle truck or tandem sander truck, as directed by your supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with applicable acts and regulations such as compliance with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and the Highway Traffic Act, driver’s hours of service, occupational health and safety, and weights and dimensions.
- Perform appropriate trip inspections (circle checks) on equipment operated and load; ensuring safety and roadworthiness before, during, and after run, and report any defects to the shop foreperson.
- Record and maintain required documentation (i.e. duty status and form entry requirements, trip inspection reports, time sheets, daily logs), by manual or electronic means; ensure the documentation is complete and accurate, and submit to dispatch on a daily basis.
- Report accidents and traffic violations to the area supervisor.
- Capable of self-loading the truck.
- Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong organizational skills with clear oral and written communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Strong work ethic; must be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to stand, lift 50 lbs, carry, bend, reach.
- Required to competently operator a loader.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
Class D, driver’s license required with air brake endorsement (Z).
Knowledge of winter maintenance operations is considered an asset.
- Travel to various sites may be required.
- Indoor and outdoor environments; and various weather conditions.
- Weekend and evening shifts will be required since this will be based on weather conditions.
Reference ID: Parry Sound DZ Winter Maintenance Driver
Contract length: 5 months
Expected start date: 2021-11-22
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- On call
- winter maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
- DZ license (preferred)
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.