Education & Training Advisor (Bilingual)
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Salary: From $21.10 an hour
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Shift & schedule: 8 hour shift, Weekend availability, Day shift, Monday to Friday
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Contact North I Contact Nord has an immediate opening for a professional with high level skills, direct and extensive experience in sales or student recruitment, customer service and community development for the following full-time, ongoing position:
Education & Training Advisor, Parry Sound (Bilingual)
WHO ARE WE?
Contact North | Contact Nord recruits and provides free support services to an increasing number of students in 1,500+ rural and remote communities in English and French, in person at 78 locations across the province or by phone, email or Zoom. We respond to 1.7 million requests for services each year.
The position is based in Parry Sound, Ontario with online learning centres in Midland and South River. The candidate is expected to reside in that area.
The successful candidate is responsible for generating student registrations, based on the needs and interests of the students, with priority given to programs and courses by Ontario’s public colleges, universities, and Indigenous institutes, and for the operations of the online learning centres as a condition of employment.
Reporting to the Director, Recruitment & Partnerships, the Education & Training Advisor has the following deliverables:
Spend 80% of your time directly generating client registrations and ensuring compliance with registration requirement by:
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies to generate registrations
- Undertaking standardized evidence-based recruitment initiatives and assessing their impact
- Conceptualizing and experimenting with new recruitment initiatives and while systematically assessing their impact in terms of the specific number of registrations generated
- Engaging with community, business, associations, and agencies such as Employment Ontario and Ontario Works as referral partners to generate registrations
- Directly responding to requests for services from students and prospective students
- Directly entering each registration into the customer relationship management tool (CRM) and keep registration files up-to-date and compliant
- Directly supporting clients throughout their involvement with Contact North | Contact Nord
- Participating in daily meetings with other Education & Training Advisors and submit updates on registrations, recruitment opportunities, and best practices
- Monitoring economic, demographic, and other trends in the communities you support
Spend 20% of your time:
- Supervising the operations of online learning centres, including Education & Training Representatives and Student Recruitment & Services Representatives part-time staff
- Flagging urgent or time-sensitive issues to your Director, Recruitment & Partnerships
- Submitting a weekly update to your Director, Recruitment & Partnerships
Education & Training Requirements:
- A college or university credential in a relevant field
- 3-5 years experience and high skills in direct sales or recruitment
- 3-5 years experience and high skills in reaching out and engaging with business and community organizations
- 3-5 years experience and high skills in making group and public presentation
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software
- Fully bilingual, with an equally high standard of verbal communication and business writing skills in both English and French (is required)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and reliable means of transportation, which allows for travel within the area (kilometre reimbursement included)
As the employer Contact North I Contact Nord:
- Selects and appoints the candidate on the basis of that candidate having confirmed she/he has a high command of the five skills listed under “Skills Requirements” and expects the appointed candidate to bridge any skill gaps at her/his own expense and during her/his personal time.
- Sets the requirement of generated registrations every year.
- Conducts periodic reviews of results and takes necessary actions if the requirement of generated registrations is not being met.
Compensation & benefits:
- $27.32 per hour starting wage
- Competitive employee benefits package
- Employer/Employee Group RRSP with matching contribution plan of 6% each
- 15 days of accumulated paid vacation annually
Hours of work:
Full-time appointment with 35 hours per week. Hours are mainly daytime; however, flexibility to accommodate evenings and weekends is required.
How to apply:
This position is open until filled.
- Include at least two employment references.
- Quote Job Competition number 23-17-PARR in the subject line of the email.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $21.10 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- French (preferred)
Work Location: In person
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.