Contact North | Contact Nord
As Ontario’s community-based bilingual distance education and training network, Contact North | Contact Nord
helps underserved residents in 1,300 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities access
education and training without leaving their communities. We provide services in English and French. For more
information, visit www.contactnorth.ca.
Contact North | Contact Nord is seeking a positive, energetic and organized individual to fill the following parttime position:
EDUCATION & TRAINING REPRESENTATIVE – Midland
Reporting to the Education & Training Advisor, the Education & Training Representative position will serve our
Midland territory. The successful candidate will:
• Assist with direct recruitment, follow-up with referrals, and generate registrations, including but not
limited, to community outreach, presentations to stakeholders and prospective students, social media
and marketing initiatives and direct student recruitment and support.
• Actively conduct or participate in all targeted recruitment campaigns, (distribution of materials,
tracking responses or interest in the CRM and other tracking tools).
• Proactively identify and present a list of opportunities to generate registrations to the Education &
Training Advisor every week. This would include career and education fairs, suitable locations for
targeted distribution and posting of promo materials, new referral organizations and influencers and
other opportunities, do presentations and generate registrations.
• Follow-up with students, provide clients with details on all services available and help clients register
in online programs and courses.
• Coordinate and schedule Student Recruitment & Services Representatives (SRSRs) to deliver Contact
North | Contact Nord’s services and support to students within the territory, including exam booking
and invigilation services if applicable.
• Enter and update complete and accurate data in the CRM on all activities, ensure SRSRs enter
complete and accurate data, and record weekly data provided by Education & Training Advisor and
SRSRs on requests for services responded to at the online learning centre(s) or virtual operation.
• Submit a weekly report listing key operational and recruitment related steps taken.
• A Secondary School Diploma with preference given to those with a post-secondary credential in a
related field such as office administration, business administration, executive assistant.
• 1-3 years customer service experience in fields such as retail, call centre, banks/insurance
• 1-3 years experience in a sales position, such as retail, call centre, business sales, banks/insurance
• Experience with, or a willingness, to learn to use a variety of learning technologies such as audio,
video and web conferencing such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
• Experience with, or a willingness, to learn Social Media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
• Extensive knowledge of the community in order to help engage community partners.
• Knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing recruitment pathways
• Able to take full responsibility for key assigned areas of student services process while working with
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous data entry experience.
• Experience with or knowledge of online learning.
• Sound functional knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
www.contactnorth.ca | www.contactnord.ca 2
• Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and diplomacy through contact with students,
faculty/instructors, local host and other community stakeholders.
Compensation: $18.50 per hour including vacation pay and statutory holiday pay
Hours of work: up to 25 hours per week
Requirements: Ability to work virtually; Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable means of
transportation, which would allow for travel within the area.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Interested individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and electronic résumé, complete with two to three
employment references, quoting Job Competition #21-61-MIDL in the subject line of the e-mail. This position is
OPEN UNTIL FILLED, please send applications to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available
throughout the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org