YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka, Employment & Literacy Services
ABOUT THE YMCA OF SIMCOE/MUSKOKA:
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is a registered charity that serves tens of thousands of people each year across Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community.” We deliver on our vision to “inspire people to reach their full potential” through a wide range of programs and services: health, fitness and aquatics, licensed child care, camping and outdoor education programs, as well as various community development programs.
The YMCA is committed to making its programs open and accessible to everyone.
To provide program facilitation at the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka. Administering the pre-employment training, coaching, and job development functions to support program participants’ entry into the workforce. Staff will provide a safe, supportive environment for participants and work to identify and resolve personal challenges, participate in the workshops, enter the workforce, and maintain employment.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
- Develop and deliver curriculum in support of service delivery, evaluates and adjusts accordingly
- Provide individual coaching as necessary to participants
- Work with clients to facilitate peer-lead support groups around employability and job search and job maintenance issues
- Conduct Pre-Employment Workshops in line with the guidelines of the Youth Job Connection program
- Develop working relationships with community partners, employment agencies, mentors, trainers, employers to promote the YMCA, Ontario Employment Program and its services
- Assist in delivering outreach and marketing activities/strategy within the community
- Participate in community activities and job fairs
- Network with community service providers as necessary
- Conduct outreach to clients and employers as necessary
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date, documentation of client files and workshop activities
- Collect, summarize and report customer satisfaction surveys for workshop activities
- Post-secondary education in social services, career counselling, education, or other related field
- Experience working in an environment coaching/developing people, both in one-on-one and group settings
- Has intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong facilitation skills with an understanding of principles of learning for both youth and adults
- Knowledge of the local labour market and related trends
- Must be self-motivated and a strong team player
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage crisis situations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, maintaining confidentiality at all times; strong negotiation skills
- Class G license and access to a vehicle
- Updated CPR certification
- Experience counselling, coaching or mentoring youth in a community-based program setting is a definite asset
- French/English proficiency an asset
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
$21.95 an hour
Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org