The Corporation of the Municipality of McDougall
The Corporation of the
Municipality of McDougall
POSITION TITLE: Equipment
REPORTS TO: Lead Hand
An Equipment Operator will be able to undertake a variety of public works operations. Work
within policies and procedures established by Council and directed by the Lead Hand/Foreman.
Ministry of Transportation Guidelines will apply.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Policies: Work within standard operating procedures and training to ensure public and
staff safety. Comply with the Municipality Health and Safety polices as well as any
regulatory requirements including WHMIS regulations
2. Budget: Treat responsibly equipment, materials and the environment.
3. Privacy: Maintain confidentiality of rate payers, fellow employees and council in
accordance with the (Municipal) Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
DESCRIPTION OF DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. We are a service industry and as such must treat the Municipal Ratepayer, their personal
property and McDougall with curtesy and respect.
2. Work with the Lead Hand to make the best use of equipment, materials and staff.
3. Participate in the maintenance and performance of the fleet regarding vehicle and
equipment repairs/servicing during all seasons.
4. Carries out work assignments using a variety of vehicles, heavy equipment, hand and
5. Performs road and public works operations, included but not limited to construction
projects and paving preparation, co-operating with contractors on projects, maintaining
the Municipal roads and properties in good condition, collecting and disposing of trash,
waste site maintenance, asphalt patching, culvert cleaning and replacement, tree removal,
dust control and the repair and installation of road signs, fences, culverts and guard rails.
6. Must be willing to attend courses and training activities to stay current with construction
and safety regulations.
5 Barager Boulevard, McDougall, ON P2A 2W9
Phone: (705) 342-5252; Fax: (705) 342-5573
7. This Municipality advocates wise use and cross-training of our human resources. From
time to time personnel shall be expected to work outside their immediate scope of
position by the Public Works Manager or CAO.
1. Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
2. WHMIS training and a good knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and
Highway Traffic Act.
3. Ability to operate a variety of equipment in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
4. Mechanical skills, knowledge of equipment and its capability and be able to identify
operating problems. General knowledge of road maintenance activities as well as general
knowledge of water main repairs.
5. Must possess a “D” license with a “Z” Brake Endorsement. Must attend training to
acquire an “AZ” license.
6. Class (G) driver’s license in good standing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Physical demands require driving, walking and climbing at public works yard, satellite
buildings and construction sites.
2. Mental alertness to ensure the safety of others.
3. Working conditions vary from normal office environment to significant periods of
driving, exposure to inclement weather conditions, dust, construction site conditions with
potential dangerous environments and exposure to public criticism.
Apply on Company Site.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mcdougall.ca.