The Township of Seguin
Come to work in Seguin!
Contract Position – March 15, 2023 to March 14, 2024
The Township of Seguin is responsible for the maintenance of over 290 km of roads
over 700 sq km and is looking for Equipment/Waste Operator.
Operator must have a valid DZ licence and experience operating a variety of
equipment to maintain roads, bridges, ditches and waste sites, including winter
plowing and sanding. AZ licence will be considered an asset. Operators will be
required to perform physical labourer duties and work evenings and weekends as
part of this position.
If you desire to work as a cooperative team player in promoting a strong and
positive work place, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Visit employment opportunities on our website www.seguin.ca for the complete job
description. Posting will remain open until filled.
Salary Range $24.27/hour to $27.37/hour
Accommodations will be provided throughout the recruitment process and hiring
process in accordance with AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under
the authority of the Municipal Act and will only be used for the purpose of candidate
Vaccination is a key element in the protection of employees against the hazard of
COVID-19. New employees must comply with the Seguin Township Mandatory
Vaccination Policy prior to commencing their employment.
Page 1 of 2
Department: Public Works
Reports To: Public Works Lead Hands
Location: Public Works Yard, 11 Humphrey Drive
Salary Category: Category 3
Review Date: 15 September 2022
Operates equipment to maintain roads, bridges and ditches and waste sites.
The Township of Seguin expects all employees to work in an environmentally
friendly way in all the tasks that they do; to work in a manner that is safe for
themselves and others and to be aware of their health & safety obligations; to
continually look for opportunities to improve their job that will result in excellence
in municipal government; and to recognize the uniqueness of the individuals they
come into contact with and to treat them with dignity and respect.
Operation and Maintenance
1. Operates both tandem and single axle trucks for the purpose of hauling sand,
salt, gravel and ditching material.
2. Snowplows and sand roads as well as removes snow at waste sites, public
works shops and sidewalks.
3. Operates waste collection vehicles to collects and transports garbage to and
from waste sites and landfill sites, within and outside of Seguin Township.
4. Operates a backhoe for the purpose of loading trucks, road maintenance,
waste site maintenance and various other tasks.
5. May operate grader.
6. Provides maintenance to ditches, assists in culvert installation, traffic and
7. Operates chainsaws, grass cutting equipment, cut-off saws, a ‘steam jenny’
to thaw culverts, power tools and other pieces of small equipment.
8. Repairs potholes, cold patch, removes beaver dams, and removes debris
such as garbage, brush, and fallen trees from Township roads.
Public Works – Seasonal Equipment / Waste Operator Labourer
Page 2 of 2
9. Conducts roadside grass cutting, maintains bridges, and flags traffic at work
10. Operates the water truck to distribute water and control dust.
11. You will be required to patrol the roads within the Municipality checking for
conditions (such as snow and/or ice accumulation) and keep accurate and
appropriate records of conditions according to the Minimum Standards
outlined in the Minimum Maintenance Standards for Municipal Highways.
12. Required to report conditions to supervisor when/where required.
13. Ability to read work orders and follow through on tasks such as installation of
road signs, flagging and road maintenance work, tree maintenance, and
14. Assists with maintaining a clean, safe and organized shop.
15. Provides general maintenance to vehicle and equipment.
16. Assists with the operation and maintenance of the Municipal Landfill and
Transfer Waste Sites, picking up heavy items illegally dumped at various
17. Follows Seguin Township Operational Safety Protocol.
1. Liaises with ratepayers to communicate information and promote the
2. Monitors township activities on the way to and from work sites, identifies
issues and notifies direct supervisor for further investigation.
1. Complies with Seguin Township policies and procedures.
2. Completes daily duty status sheets and keeps paperwork organized
3. Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
4. Able to work flexible hours as required.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org