District of Parry Sound
Full-time Permanent – 35 Hours / Week, Flexible Work Schedule
Location – West Parry Sound
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Facilities Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the general maintenance, incidental repairs, and upkeep of all DSSAB owned and operated buildings, including the care taking of grounds at their assigned project or projects. Work involves lifting and moving items weighing more than 50 lbs, including, equipment, building materials, appliances, fixtures, and furniture, which can be physically demanding.
• Secondary School Graduation Diploma and direct experience in property maintenance.
• Knowledge of building maintenance, HVAC, mechanical, boilers, electrical and plumbing systems, and energy efficient building practices.
• Valid certification in CPR/First Aid.
• Good communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and produce measurable results within a time limited program.
• Knowledge and understanding of all legislation relevant to the position.
• Basic level of computer skills.
• Knowledge of seasonal issues in all types of buildings and knowledge of all local building and fire codes.
• Valid driver’s license with insurance.
• Proficiency in driving a vehicle with a trailer.
• Ability to perform work at elevated heights, including building rooftops.
• Proficiency in the use of power tools and hand tools.
• Ability to travel throughout the district as required.
Rate of Pay: $22.28 / hour (as per Collective Agreement)
Comprehensive benefit package (including Dental & Vision), OMERS Pension
Please submit cover letter & resume referencing job ID 22U-27 by May 24, 2022
Attn: Danielle Villeneuve, CHRP
Manager of Human Resources
1 Beechwood Drive, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
Fax: (705) 751-5370, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Upon request by the applicant, accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Date Posted: May 11th, 2022
The DSSAB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please advise the HR department accordingly.
The DSSAB actively seeks candidates from First Nations, Métis and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, women, and people with disabilities. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
How to Apply: Submit Cover Letter and Resume – email
Advertise Until: May 24, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com