District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board
Facilities Maintenance Technician
Housing Operations Division
Full-time Permanent – 35 Hours / Week, Flexible Work Schedule
Location – East Parry Sound
Employment with the District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board offers an opportunity to
make a positive contribution to our communities. Providing caring human services, we are a forward-thinking
organization focused on continuous improvement, employee growth and development, and providing
We are seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician with our Housing Operations Division. The primary focus of
this position is as follows:
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Facilities Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the general
maintenance, incidental repairs, and upkeep of all DSSAB owned and operated buildings, including the care taking
of grounds at their assigned project or projects. Work involves lifting and moving items weighing more than 50
lbs, including, equipment, building materials, appliances, fixtures, and furniture, which can be physically
• Secondary School Graduation Diploma and direct experience in property maintenance.
• Knowledge of building maintenance, HVAC, mechanical, boilers, electrical and plumbing systems, and energy
efficient building practices.
• Valid certification in CPR/First Aid.
• Good communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and produce measurable results within a time limited program.
• Knowledge and understanding of all legislation relevant to the position.
• Basic level of computer skills.
• Knowledge of seasonal issues in all types of buildings and knowledge of all local building and fire codes.
• Valid driver’s license with insurance.
• Proficiency in driving a vehicle with a trailer.
• Ability to perform work at elevated heights, including building rooftops.
• Proficiency in the use of power tools and hand tools.
• Ability to travel throughout the district as required.
Rate of Pay: $22.72 / hour (as per Collective Agreement)
Comprehensive benefit package (including Dental & Vision), OMERS Pension
Please submit cover letter & resume referencing job ID 23U-68 by December 1, 2023
Attn: Danielle Villeneuve, CHRP – Director of Human Resources
1 Beechwood Drive, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
Fax: (705) 751-5370, Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Upon request by the applicant,
accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
The DSSAB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please advise the HR department
The DSSAB actively seeks candidates from First Nations, Métis, and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, women, and people with disabilities. We
encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org