Website JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka
Facility Maintenance associates report to the engineering leadership team, and is responsible for the operation of the building with respect to building automation, HVAC systems, plumbing, and water.
• Inspect and perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, or machines including cleaning, and visual inspections
• Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment
• Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed
• Order, mark, and stock parts and supplies as needed
• Record information for unfinished calls prior to shift change
• Install, maintain and perform preventative maintenance
• Recommend replacement of tools, appliances, and equipment
• Calibrate all controls, gauges, meters, etc.
• Enter and locate work-related information using computers
• Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and properly store flammable materials
• Assist with the opening and closing of seasonal pools
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards, and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting using the guests’ names when possible
• Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
• Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Hotel or building operation experience required
• HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, gas or basic electrical experience an asset
• Experience with an operator system, such as Johnson Control BMS
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
• Shift rotation including overnights
• Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 70 pounds without assistance
• Operate power lift
• Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
• Move through narrow, confined or elevated spaces
• Move up and down a ladder
• Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.marriott.com.