Full time Position – 40 hours (evening shift 4:00pm – 12:30am)
Wage: $14.50 up to $18.00 per hour (based on skill & classification)
The successful candidate will perform routine maintenance and repairs on guest rooms
and throughout the Resort. They are responsible for ensuring that the Resort is maintained
in the best possible condition with the least inconvenience to guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Recognizes and greets all guests and team members first
– Provides exceptional and professional service to our guests and colleagues
– Ensures the well-being of our guests and colleagues by being alert to and reporting
potential hazards and malfunctioning equipment
– Models all Deerhurst Resort Standards while caring for the guests, co-workers and
– Performs basic repairs to air conditioners i.e. changing filters; cleaning coils,
replacing blower motors etc.
– Repairs/replaces tiles, grouting and caulking tile areas.
– Repairs drapes and rods, replaces hooks, cords and slides.
– Installs towel racks, toilet paper holders, shower curtain rods and doorstops.
– Replaces TVs and cable boxes; programs movie channel boxes.
– Replaces light switches; receptacles and light bulbs.
– Performs basic furniture repairs and hangs pictures.
– Maintains pools i.e. cleaning, vacuuming, adjusting chemical levels, changing pool
valves, replacing filters, basic wall covering repair.
– Performs minor plumbing repairs i.e. changing washers; seats; cartridges; handles;
drain fittings, etc.
– Replaces lavatories and toilets.
– Completes all other duties as required
– Some familiarity with hand and power tools; electrical test equipment; refrigeration
equipment; plumbing equipment; audio-visual equipment; pipe cutting equipment;
telephone; and office equipment.
– Guest oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
– Able to work well with others
– Able to take initiative within given guidelines
– Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness
– Has effective communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
– Able to adapt in a fast pace, constant changing environment
– Able to maintain composure and objectivity
– Able to handle problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary
– Able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and
– Is flexible with their schedule, able to work long hours, shift work, evenings,
weekends and holidays as business levels require
– Able to exert in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50
pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Education & Experience
– Experience in a related field or technical school.
– Experience in one or more of the building trades (sheetrock, tile, carpentry,
wallpaper, minor plumbing and electrical, etc.)
– Valid Ontario driver’s license with clean driving record required.
– Clean criminal record
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Benefits and Employee Perks are available
To apply for this job please visit deerhurstresort.com.