Website Midland Cultural Centre
The Midland Cultural Centre seeks a qualified Finance Co-Ordinator to carry out the day-to-day bookkeeping, manage cash inflows and outflows, looking after Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, execute monthly Accounts Reconciliation processes, and prepare the organization’s monthly and year-end financial statements.
In addition to co-ordinating the financial bookkeeping and accounting protocols & systems administration of the MCC, the Finance Co-ordinator will work with the Executive Director to:
· Improve the overall organization’s financial systems of accountability
· Prepare analytic tools to improve the MCC’s decision making processes
· Prepare annual budget
· Facilitate year end audit
The ideal candidate must have experience in general accounting & bookkeeping procedures and protocols, preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements, budget preparation, accounts payable & receivable, payroll administration and account reconciliation.
The candidate must be experienced in using online QuickBooks and Ceridian Power Pay platforms or equivalent online and Excel software (PowerPoint skills also valued but not required).
Experience and a background in accounting for ticket sales, rentals, alcohol sales and merchandise sales – while not mandatory would be highly beneficial in the role.
The optimum candidate would have some experience, knowledge and training in database building and management or be a motivated individual who would be willing to learn and develop those skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Administer and coordinate all financial systems and processes of the MCC including general ledgers, internal accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll (including all stipends), statutory remittances, budget monitoring, and other financial systems and processes as required
· Monitor and record all cash disbursements, expenditures, and receipts of the MCC, ensuring timely, effective and accurate record keeping
· Working with the ED to ensure appropriate policies procedures, and processes with respect to financial transactions (including but not limited to cheque requisitions and related authorization, budgetary expenditures, pay) are followed
· Working with the ED to maintain the MCC’s banking systems (including but not limited to accounts, statements, records, and institutional arrangements), as well as maintaining the Midland Cultural Centre’s insurance arrangements
· Assist, support, counsel and advise the Executive Director with respect to financial matters, systems and processes related to all parts of the MCC’s commercial service operations (Tenant Rentals, Event Rentals, Ticket Sales, Alcohol Sales and Merchandise Sales)
· Capturing MCC departments data & transaction information in a timely, accurate, and appropriate financial reporting and remittances, including invoices, cash reports, and all other relevant financial information and records
· Ensure timely and accurate adherence to all statutory, regulatory, and policy regimes with respect to financial and related matters (including but not limited to tax remittance and insurance requirements)
· Perform month-end and year-end procedures including, but not limited to preparing all month-end reconciliations and year-end working papers for the Midland Cultural Centre’s annual audit
· Provide regular reports on all MCC financial activities as required and directed by the ED, in all departments and areas, including but not limited to bank balances, cash flow reports, accounts payable and receivable reports, operational financial statements
· Work with the ED and the Finance Committee to prepare the annual budget submission for the MCC
· Undertake preparation and coordination, working with and under direction of the ED, the annual budget of the MCC
· Coordinate and assist the external auditors during their audit fieldwork. Ensure that all audited financial statement deadlines are met per MCC reporting requirements.
· Maintain the filing and record keeping systems of the Midland Cultural Centre as required Office (databases, administrative systems. supplies and equipment)
· Maintain the confidentiality of the MCC’s financial business and other private information and records
· Process expense claims
· Facilitate purchase requisition system compliance and procedures
· A professional accounting, bookkeeping, or equivalent education and full cycle accounting experience
· In depth understanding of Canadian accounting principles for non-profit organizations and proper bookkeeping procedures and accounting processes for accounting for revenue derived from tenant rentals, event rentals and ticket, alcohol and merchandise sales.
· Solid QuickBooks (or equivalent accounting software), Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Invoicing and General Ledger knowledge and experience
· Solid Ceridian (or equivalent payroll software) knowledge and experience with in-house payroll processing
· Strong computing skills (Word processing and Excel)
· Skills and solid experience with financial systems, financial reporting, financial and business planning, budget preparation and adherence to statutory, regulatory, and other policy standards and requirements
· Ability to accurately analyze, interpret, summarize, and present financial information
· Ability to work in a demanding self-supervisory, multi-task environment within clear timelines
· Strong interpersonal, and cooperative working skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Strong administrative ability and organizational skills
· Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality
· High attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
· Some database construction and administration skills would be beneficial asset but are not required.
Normal work week is 35 hours, with the requirement to work evenings and weekends as needed. The Finance Coordinator is expected to attend Finance Committee meetings and Board Meetings when required.
Salary: Will commensurate with experience.
Please submit a current resume via email by October 25, 2021 to Dan@midlandculturalcentre.com
The Midland Cultural Centre is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in the workplace. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees, volunteers and members of the community feel valued, respected, supported and welcomed. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
The Midland Cultural Centre is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in the compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
The Midland Cultural Centre acknowledges that the land on which we gather is located on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, Ojibway/Chippewa and Potawatomi peoples, and is the ancestral home of the Huron-Wendat Nation.
Application deadline: 2021-10-25
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
All those who enter the building must be double vaccinated, COVID procedures and sanitation is in place.
Application deadline: 2021-10-25
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $38,000.00 per year
To apply for this job email your details to Dan@midlandculturalcentre.com