Website Ontario Public Service Careers
Organization: Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Division: Enterprise Financial Services Division – Financial Processing Operations
City: North Bay, Sudbury
Job Term: 9 Temporary assignments/contracts up to 18
Job ID: 164753 Apply Online
Salary: $25.38 – $29.58 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
View Job Description
Are you a detail-oriented individual with accounting or bookkeeping experience who thrives in a customer service environment? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity with Ontario Shared Services (OSS) where you will provide financial services to a diverse group of ministries across the Ontario Public Service.
The work location for these positions will be determined based on the successful candidates. The positions can be located at either of the following locations:
• 159 Cedar St, Sudbury
• 200 First Ave W, North Bay
What can I expect to do in this role?
• complete financial processing reviews and/or reconcile financial transaction related reports;
• process and prepare documentation for a variety of financial transactions;
• review transactions for accuracy and compliance with accounting practices;
• track and monitor transactions to resolve processing issues;
• provide on-going program business improvement support to management and clients.
How do I qualify?
Financial Knowledge and Experience:
• You have proven experience processing financial transactions, and are able to work in a fast pace\high volume environment.
• You have knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
• You have ability to provide comprehensive financial processing and support in compliance of corporate policies and procedures and can identify and recommend procedural improvements.
• You have knowledge of arithmetic methods to perform calculations.
• You have knowledge of and experience using spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel) to reformat and analyze data, use formulas, etc.
Analytical and Evaluative skills:
• You have analytical skills and attention to detail to identify and investigate discrepancies.
• You demonstrate judgment and evaluative skills to assess accounts, take appropriate action, and identify and recommend on procedural issues.
Communication and Interpersonal skills:
• You have strong communication and interpersonal skills to explain procedures and deal with ministry clients, external suppliers and staff.
• You are able to communicate with client managers and staff with tact and diplomacy.
• You have ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• You have proven customer service skills.
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
– You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter job id 164753 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
– Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages.
– Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
– Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
– If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
To apply for this job please visit www.gojobs.gov.on.ca.