Trestle Brewing Company
Front of House & Events Manager
9 Great North Road, Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
The Front of House (FOH) and Events Manager will work alongside the senior management team and is responsible for directing onsite FOH and Events operations. This opportunity is suitable for an energetic, well organized and self-disciplined individual with above average communication, organizational, time management and troubleshooting skills.
Significant experience being creative, innovative, translating vision into reality, advanced events and project management experience, and management of other staff are looked upon favourably.
- Take brand ownership and provide the vision, mission, goals, oversight and strategies congruent with our brand
- Work with the management team to establish, communicate, train and monitor front of house staff, policies and procedures and all aspects of guest interactions
- Oversee and manage the FOH, events activities and event operations
- Collaborate with Chef and the senior management team in the development and presentation of menus and features as required
- Supervise and manage FOH team and day-to-day operations of food and beverage service and event operations.
- Use strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively lead, influence, and encourage team members to perform to a high level ensuring excellence in all customer interactions
- Provides guidance and direction to team members, including setting of performance standards and monitoring performance and adherence
- Assist in recruiting staff and oversee new hire training
- Develop and implement staff retention strategies and program continued staff training
- Develop, revise, implement and oversee company policies and procedures on an ongoing basis
- Use an “open door” policy to acknowledge and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Set expectations and hold employees accountable for demonstrating desired behaviors and outcomes
- Assign work tasks and activities, prepare schedules, and ensure that all shifts are covered
- Work with the management team to control inventory, order products, and set prices based on company objectives
- Resolve customer complaints
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed and modify policies to reflect changing work environments
- Work hand in hand with the Chef to negotiate contracts with clients for catering or use of facilities for events or receptions
- Understands all associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates absence
- 2-3 years experience in a comparable position
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of Food & Beverage Operations
- Excellent guest service and problem resolution skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
- Excellent leadership skills and exceptional communication skills
- A passion for leadership and the vision to create and maintain a winning team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Please submit a great cover letter indicating why you are a perfect fit for this role!
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-03-30
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.