Support Service Attendant – 1 Full Time Midland and Area
Looking for steady, meaningful work?
Join our Community Support Services team at March of Dimes Canada. Provide daily care and support to people with disabilities and seniors in your community.
Many people need help to live in their homes – help with getting up in the morning, transferring from the bed to a chair, bathing, toileting, eating, dressing. That’s where you come in. As a member of our Community Support Services team, you will provide care and connection to people with disabilities and seniors in their individual or shared-living homes.
Because of you, people in your community will live a better quality life, with dignity. It’s a job to be proud of.
Why join March of Dimes Canada?
• Deeply satisfying work
• Steady employment with one of the most respected agencies in Canada
o Full- and part-time jobs
• A stable and supportive team of proud workers, many who have been with us for years
• Successful employee training program
• Competitive benefits package (including health and dental benefits for part-time staff after one year of employment and who work a minimum number of hours)
• Pension plan (optional for part-time staff who work a minimum number of hours)
• Paid sick time
• Vacation time (vacation pay for part-time staff, including the option to bank time for a one-time payout)
• Best practices protecting health and safety
• Excellent safety record with COVID-19
• Scheduling allows for work/life balance
• Culturally diverse workplace
Who is March of Dimes Canada?
From our humble beginnings in 1951 as a group of mothers going door-to-door collecting dimes in support of polio research, March of Dimes Canada has grown into a national, multi-service not-for-profit organization. We work for people with disabilities and seniors, helping them with daily living, rehabilitation and employment.
What does the Community Support Services team do?
Our Community Support Services team, which is primarily funded by governments, provides essential services that enable people to live as independently as possible. Whether the disability is physical, cognitive or the result of brain injury or aging, our team of 1,600 employees assists people in their homes and communities, helping them gain a greater level of functioning and connection with others. Over the past year, the number of people we serve rose to more than 6,100 people.
We are currently looking to fill a 1 full time, Support Service Attendant role in our Midland region – .
Duties include the following:
• Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
– Personal care
– Lifts and Transfers
– Bowel and bladder procedures
– Meal preparation and feeding
– Range of motion exercises
– Other light housekeeping duties
• Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
• Provide support to seniors in their homes, shifts will require travel across multiple locations (KM’s reimbursed)
March of Dimes Canada provides 24-hour attendant care to its consumers. The Support Services Attendants will be required to work multiple shifts (i.e. work days, evenings, and weekends) that vary between locations.
Background / Qualifications:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
• Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care
• Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
• Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
• Use of reliable automobile required, parking not provided at all locations.
Looking for coverage on weekends.
If you are interested in transforming the quality of life for people with disabilities and seniors, please submit your resume in confidence to: Paula Gueran at email@example.com
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org