W.S. Morgan Construction Limited
W.S. Morgan Construction Limited (based in Parry Sound) is looking to hire a General Labourer. Construction experience an asset. Some training will be provided.
Labourers work with wood, wood-substitutes, or other material such as drywall, plaster, steel, copper or tiles. Labourers may assist in the construction, erection, installation, maintenance or repair of various structures and be responsible for clean-up, lifting and relocating materials and supplies. Manual labour, lifting, and use hand tools is required.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Labourer –
- is responsible for following instructions during construction.
- Monitors and corrects deficiencies as directed by supervisors.
- Anticipates, monitors and corrects deficiencies without supervision.
- Controls construction details necessary to complete assigned work to specifications and according to schedule
- Communicates with senior management, Site Supervisor, Project Manager, employees, subcontractors and clients to disseminate verbal and written information.
- Follow instructions to complete an assignment. Follow verbal and / or written instructions. Suggests alternative methods to the foreman / site supervisor.
- Use knowledge of the qualities of building materials and equipment to select the best method to complete an assignment.
- Lay out, measure, cut, assemble and join various materials
- Some heaving lifting
- Use a variety of hand and power tools safely and effectively
- Identify areas of concern to the site supervisor / architect / production team to ensure problems, errors and omissions are detected and corrected.
- Report deficiencies, issues, and health and safety concerns to the supervisor
Some experience in construction is preferred but not required.
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- construction: 1 year (preferred)
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.