Midsize family-owned Marina on the picturesque shores of Central Georgian Bay. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified candidate to enjoy a rewarding career in a boater’s paradise.
The General Manager is an ambassador of the Marina and is responsible for providing superior customer service to all clients while overseeing the daily operations of the Marina.
Essential Job Functions
· Profitably manage the day to day operations of the Marina, focusing on customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
· Provide exceptional, friendly and professional customer service to all Marina patrons and foster a strong community presence.
· Ensure that all employees maintain a high level of product and service knowledge and comply with company policies, procedures and ethical standards.
· Provide employees with a safe, welcoming and dynamic work environment.
· Respond to and resolve customer concerns, incidents and disputes in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
· Overseeing the smooth operation of all Marina facilities, concentrating on continuous improvement.
· Ensure Environmental and Regulatory best practices are maintained and implemented as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
· Strong leadership; motivated, productive, pleasant demeanor.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills
· Knowledge of basic day-to-day accounting functions (accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, etc.)
· Trained comprehension and continual practice of Health and Safety standards
· Professionally work as a team player and with autonomy
· Available to work Monday to Sunday, five and/or six days a week, including weekends during peak season
· Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and lift up to 50lbs
· 3-5 years of experience in a Marina Management role or in a related industry; and/or successful management of a small to mid-size business
· Experience or understanding of Marina operations and related equipment including docking, fuel system, pump-out, marine radio and point of sale equipment
· Computer Literacy and good working knowledge of basic programs and/or ability to train quickly
· Valid G Class Driver’s License
· Pleasure Craft Operator’s Card
What We Offer:
· Highly Competitive Salary; Living Accommodations (if required); Dynamic Work Environment
· Paid Vacation; Benefits Package
Expected start date: 2021-04-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Pleasure Craft Operator’s Card (Required)
- Class G Driver’s License (Required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Please apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to Sarah Wallace at email@example.com
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org