Oviinbyrd Golf Club
Golf Course Maintenance Staff
Oviinbyrd Golf Club is located in the heart of the Muskoka region. This private course is a Thomas McBroom design that consistently ranks within the Top 20 courses in Canada by Score Magazine. Our most current ranking was 14th in Canada in 2022. There are high expectations on quality and playability at Oviinbyrd, and we are looking to prove our status in the future. We are hosting the first ever division 1 NCAA golf tournament this coming September.
Ingrained in the culture of the club and the turf maintenance department, is the creation of a good work/life balance so that all of our employees can work hard to achieve the goals we have set out but still have time to enjoy all that our region has to offer.
No experience required, but prior golf course or landscape experience is a bonus. We have positions currently available for part and full time seasonal work, we are an equal and open employer. We are seeking employees who are open to learning how the operation of a maintenance crew works in Muskoka including challenging environments, Muskoka rock, and a short playing season. Maintenance crew members are involved in many areas of course maintenance functions including but not limited to clubhouse, staff housing, driving range, and cottages. This position requires individuals to be physically fit, early morning start times, and able to work in all weather conditions based on safe working conditions. As a member of the maintenance team, you will report directly to the following supervisors: Director of Agronomy, Director of Property & Facilities, and Associate Superintendent.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in all areas of golf course maintenance, including cutting, bunker maintenance, small power tools and general tasks such as divot replacement and line trimming.
- Operation of golf course maintenance equipment, including cutting units, carts, utility vehicles, tractors, and tools.
- Involved with golf course hardware setup and positions like tees, pins, flags, signs, hazard markers and garbage.
- Participate in, in house golf course projects like sodding, edging, painting, cleaning, and drainage.
- Carry out all maintenance and cultural practices as assigned.
- Finish assigned daily tasks with appropriate quality and timeliness.
- Maintain cleanliness of all maintenance equipment, shop, uniform and golf course.
- Adhere to the codes of conduct and policies outlined in the employee manual.
- Adopt the “culture” of the department in behavior and appearance.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Experience in golf course/landscape maintenance is an asset but not mandatory.
- Good social skills, the ability to work as a part of a team and as an individual.
- Capable of extended periods of physical labour and walking distances.
- Able to work in all types of weather – warm, cold, rain or shine.
- Available to work early mornings and weekend shifts as scheduled.
- Familiarity with the rules and etiquette of golf is an asset.
- To help provide the best possible playing conditions in conjunction with the rest of the golf course maintenance team.
- Full-time and Part-time, seasonal employment.
- Hourly wage of $18-$22.
- Staff accommodation are available.
- Golfing Privileges.
- Discount available on food and merchandise.
- Staff outings that include staff lunch, events and gift packages.
- Year end bonus entitlement based on company and work performance.
All interested individuals should submit their cover letter and resumes to:
Oviinbyrd Golf Club
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com