- Parry Sound — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: Nov 12, 2021
- Our product is beverage alcohol, but our customer service sets us apart. You’ll learn more than you thought possible about wine, spirits and beers and cocktails, and you’ll be able to apply this knowledge while at work and even after work
- Customer engagement, sharing product knowledge and providing a best in class Customer Experience, whether at cash or on the store floor
- Great interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact and create positive experiences with customers, co-workers, wholesale and trade representatives
- Assisting with receiving of inventory, stock replenishment and maintaining Customer Ready Standards
- Job rotational duties occasionally include repetitive lifting of cases in varying weights and sizes, (weighing up to 60lbs/28kgs) standing continuously, and processing customer transactions all while leaving a phenomenal lasting impression
- The health and safety of our staff is our utmost priority; as such, all employees are required to adhere to all COVID safety protocols at all times. These protocols include, but are not limited to, the use of face coverings and additional Personal Protective Equipment, as required, with limited exemption
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Full vaccination is required as a condition of employment for individuals hired by the LCBO, subject to any duty to accommodate in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Bilingual (English and French) is a bonus!
- Hours available to casual employees will depend on the operational requirements for each store and are scheduled in accordance with the Collective Agreement based on an employee’s seniority and availability
- Customer Service Representatives are usually assigned to work during our peak periods (evening and weekend shifts), or whenever extra help is required
- You must be available for work during peak business periods (i.e. you must be able to work a shift on December 24th and December 31st and the weeks leading up to the holidays).
- Hours are not guaranteed, but are scheduled in advance by the store manager. However, on occasion, you may be called in to work on short notice
- You will wear a light blue collared dress shirt, black pants and black shoes for the duration of your shift. You will also be required to wear a mask and adhere to COVID safety protocols as directed by the LCBO
- This job is part of a union, requiring payment of union dues which is currently 1.375% of your gross earnings
The LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) is an Ontario government enterprise and one of the world’s largest buyers and retailers of beverage alcohol. Through more than 650 retail stores, catalogues, special order services and more than 210 agency stores, which provide cost effective, convenient and socially responsible access for rural consumers, the LCBO offers nearly 24,000 products annually to consumers and licensed establishments from more than 80 countries.
COVID-19 Full Vaccination Requirement
The wellbeing of our people, partners, and communities is LCBO’s top priority and we’re taking all reasonable precautions to promote a healthy and safe workplace.
To demonstrate our commitment to this critical priority and further protect against the spread and risks of COVID-19, and its variants, full vaccination is required as a condition of employment for individuals hired by the LCBO, subject to any duty to accommodate in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit lcbo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.