Home Support Worker (HSW)
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Salary: From $19.91 an hour
Job type: Part-time
Full Job Description
Who We Are:
Looking for a rewarding career helping others? If you have a background in Hospitality, Childcare, Customer Service, or have cared for an ill family member? We have the PERFECT opportunity for you, join our team as a Home Support Worker
CarePartners is offering a PAID opportunity to receive training and skills needed to work as a Home Support Worker (HSW). After your training, you will participate in paid orientation and job shadowing and join our team as a Regular Community Support Worker.
Training Intakes are monthly – start your career with us!
Our next course intake dates are:
- March 21
- April 11
This course consists of virtual and in-person training. The following is required for attendance in the program:
- Internet access
- A laptop or device that has a webcam and is compatible with Microsoft Teams (CarePartners equipment will be available to attend training upon request)
What We Offer:
Competitive Wages, Incentives and Perks
- 9 days of Full Time PAID virtual training (Monday to Friday)
- 3 days of PAID hands-on skills training with an educator
- Paid orientation and 24 hours of preceptorship from an experienced PSW
- Competitive wage starting at $19.91 per hour
- A special $500 bonus for signing with CarePartners
- PAID MILEAGE at 0.45 per/km PLUS travel time
- Access to group discounts, including exclusive discounts from various retailers
- Total rewards program which includes health & dental benefits
- A robust Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family members
- Flexible hours and a variety of assignments
- Opportunities for continuing education and training
- Hands on mentoring and leadership support
- Opportunities to volunteer in countries with limited access to healthcare services
What The Role Involves:
CarePartners HSWs provide professional, compassionate care in homes and residences in the community. HSWs assist with activities of daily living, allowing patients and families to live life to the fullest with dignity and independence:
- Bathing, showering, personal hygiene
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Bowel/bladder care
- Socializing and companionship
What You Bring:
- A caring nature and willingness to help others through excellent customer service
- A desire to support your community and enhance someone’s quality of life
- Ability to attend the full time training program
- To protect our patients, we require current vulnerable sector check screening, a clear background check and proof of COVID 19 vaccination*
CarePartners In Your Community:
In addition to providing home-based health care, CarePartners also serves the community through clinics, transitional care units, and provides relief in retirement homes and shared care settings. Through our Community Nursing Services outreach program, we’ve been organizing staff-led medical care and clinics in countries with poor access to health care since 2009.
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities. Candidates can request accommodations at any time in the hiring process.
- CarePartners promotes and facilitates, as appropriate, the immunization of employees in order to provide a safe working environment for its employees, to deliver safe care to patients and to fulfill its commitment to evidence-based health promotion. In accordance with Public Health guidelines CarePartners has implemented safety protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. All employees will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as directed by CarePartners and mandated by public health authorities. All new hires of CarePartners are required at this time to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with our policies and procedures.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.