Homemaker for Seniors
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Full Job Description
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Perhaps you have cared for a family member, or have always wanted to work in the health care field; perhaps COVID-19 has disrupted your life path or, alternatively perhaps early retirement has had an isolating effect. If you think you have something to share with your community, this is the job for you!
The Friends is recruiting homemakers. If you are looking for meaningful work, we provide comprehensive training, support and an inclusive team environment. When you discover your passion for helping community members and you want to further your career with education to become a certified Personal Support Worker, we can commit to paying for your full time or part time education.
This position assists seniors and individuals living with physical disabilities in the town of Parry Sound with homemaking services with the goal of independent living.
As an employer, advancement of staff is encouraged and we welcome anyone interested in exploring a career in community support more robustly. This is a perfect gateway to service provision for you. We offer flexible scheduling tailored to suit your life. Call us for more info 705-746-5102.
Interested in advancement, perhaps additional hours? Once employees are trained in-house, there is ample opportunity to work in other programs to provide assistance as a support worker or Independent Living Assistant.
Our on-site, internal training program along with goal driven coaching and leadership from our supervisory team, hands on training from our capable and well seasoned staff team will support your employment journey with us. We embrace a learning environment in which we are proud to help staff explore their potential. Ultimately, the result is quality care for our clients and a meaningful career path for you.
- Quality of life is our purpose.
- Teamwork, Dignity, Empowerment and Innovation are the values we live by.
Basic duties requiring a reliable vehicle at a starting rate of $16.15/hour, plus travel compensation include:
- light housekeeping such as vacuuming, dusting, cleaning kitchen and bathroom areas, wash dishes, garbage removal etc
- meal planning and preparation
- shopping, laundry, changing bed linens
- care and cleaning of equipment
Knowledge and Skill requirement:
- Experience working with seniors and/or individuals with physical disabilities
- Understanding and commitment to independent living
- excellent physical stamina
- experience and willingness to work as a team member
- ability to work with direction and independently
- verbal/written skills
- sound judgement and discretion in confidential matters
- positive attitude
- vehicle available and valid insurance
For added info visit our website www.thefriends.on.ca
Our facebook page – The Friends supporting those with Long Term Health Care needs.
We hope to hear from interested individuals who would like to make a difference in the lives of others soon. Contact us anytime!
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Part-time hours: 10-24 per week
Salary: From $16.15 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We provide training on use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), supply PPE and strictly adhere to guidance provided by Public Health and provide support material for staff and daily meetings for changes or updates.
Licence/Certification: driver’s licence (preferred)
Hiring Insights: Hiring 10+ candidates for this role
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.