Website Water's Edge Landscaping
The Horticultural Team Member is expected to be a reliable, conscientious, laborer to perform general landscape tasks to assist their team with the beautification of our client’s gardens and lawn care.
Position Description (but not limited to)
- Move and spread soil and landscaping materials (soil, mulch, pea stone, sod & flagstone) using shovels and wheelbarrows
- Plant trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals
- Apply fertilizers, organic pest/disease products and or water to gardens and planters as needed/instructed.
- Perform spring and fall clean-ups (leaf removal, tarping, raking, edging)
- Deadhead spent blooms of perennials and annuals
- Clean walkways, patios, docks, decks, AstroTurf and driveways of organic debris
- Weed and generally groom garden, border areas and planters
- Prune shrubs, trees, perennials using appropriate equipment
- Use string-line trimmer as required
- Transplant, split and divide plants as required
- Top dress lawns
- Place planters, pots, barrels and patio furniture in appropriate locations
- Load/unload tools and supplies from work vehicles in a safe manner
- Assist in maintaining the professional appearance of company vehicles, tools and power equipment
- Complete daily time log, and help with daily paperwork as required
- Work outdoors in varying conditions (i.e. biting insects, indigenous wildlife, various temperatures, inclement weather)
- Varying seasonal hours. Peak season may require up to 60 hr/week
- Manual lifting and carrying
- Repetitive motions
- Hand/wrist vibration
- Occasional use of hammer, nails, level or ladder
- Occasional work in inclement weather
- Standing, bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work alongside the water edge i.e.: ponds, lakes, rivers
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit watersedgelandscaping.com.