WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
SEPTEMBER 13, 2023
JOB POSTING: OPSEU 2023-271
Regular Part-Time Position (2 positions)
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and
technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of
Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations. You can get from desk to dock in 10 minutes!
Being a member of the WPSHC team means you work with a leadership team that is collaborative and
approachable. WPSHC team members are passionate and dedicated to delivering high-quality patient and
family-centered care. Our team approach offers employees the opportunity to use their complete skill set in
a modern environment.
We are currently looking for a Housekeeping Attendant, reporting to the Manager of Materials
Management, Environmental, and Linen Services, the incumbent is responsible for performing cleaning
Hours of work are 8-hour shifts, 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm, including weekends and occasional call-ins for
• Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent;
• Working knowledge and experience in handling hazardous chemicals and materials;
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and independently as needed;
• Ability to perform the physical aspects and responsibilities of the position;
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills;
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history, and positive
• Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre:
Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and Safety.
• Previous experience in an institutional or commercial housekeeping environment;
• Demonstrated working knowledge of and experience operating housekeeping equipment.
Compensation & Benefits
$20.54 per hour to start
+ Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
+ 4% vacation pay and 13% pay in lieu of fringe benefits (9% if enrolled in HOOPP)
+ Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
+ Wellness Program & onsite gym
Preference will be given to internal bargaining unit staff prior to external applicants being
considered. Please submit a resume with a covering letter by October 12, 2023, quoting position OPSEU
West Parry Sound Health Centre
Human Resources Department
6 Albert Street, Parry Sound, ON, P2A 3A4
Fax: (705) 773-4036
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection
process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and
selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in
respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC
property is smoke-free.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com