Selkirk Canada Corporation
Selkirk Corporation has been a leading manufacturer of chimney, venting and air distribution products for the commercial and residential HVAC and hearth industries for more than 80 years. We are committed to helping our customers win everywhere, every day while creating value for all!
Selkirk offers an environment where employees can use their talents, skills, teamwork, and commitment to safety, quality and continuous improvement. Selkirk offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and retirement savings plan!
Responsibilities will include:
- To report directly to Shift Supervisor(s) on an ongoing basis with effective communication and report all relevant matters pertaining to regular duties of operations.
- Safety-safety conscious to promote a safe work environment.
- Performs preventative/corrective maintenance on manufacturing equipment and building.
- Quality- committed to quality and initiatives
- Production- self driven to meet or exceed targets and objectives.
- Continuous improvement- motivated to improve, participate and offer suggestions.
- Participates, develops and improves all Preventative Maintenance activities.
- Able to perform maintenance responsibilities including machining, welding, pipe fitting and fabrication.
- Team work and Positive Attitude.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Additional duties and tasks outside of job description will be performed at the discretion of Supervisor(s).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Possess a Licensed Industrial Mechanic Millwright 433A (OCOT)
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- 3+ years in prior sheet metal manufacturing experience considered an asset.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn.
- Previous experience with Preventative Maintenance, systems and reporting.
- CNC Programming experience would be considered an asset.
- Familiar with laser welding cutting would be considered an asset.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent written & verbal communication, Inter-personal and organization skills.
- Flexible and Available to work rotating shift schedule- subject to overtime and weekends.
- Safety Glasses and CSA-Certified Footwear required.
- Equipment: Required to supply own tools.
Selkirk Canada Corporation and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and, in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodations will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Please submit all Resumes/Cover Letters by Email:
Attention: Victoria Murray, Human Resources
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com