West Parry Sound Health Centre
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
JOB POSTING: SEIU PARAMEDICAL 2021-293
Regular Part-Time Position
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations.
Reporting to the Manager of Laboratory Services, the incumbent will assist Medical Laboratory Technologists in the collection, separation, filing, sorting, distribution, and data input of biological specimens.Hours of work are all shifts, including weekends.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program in a Medical Laboratory Assistant field;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in venipuncture, specimen collection and laboratory procedures;
- Current MLPAO (formerly OSMT) certification or CSMLS certification;
- Demonstrated knowledge of various computer applications and software related to healthcare programs;
- Demonstrated excellent attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history and positive work references;
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and Safety.
- 1-2 years’ experience in laboratory related work.
Preference will be given to internal bargaining unit staff prior to external applicants being considered. Please submit a resume with covering letter by September 24, 2021 quoting SEIU Paramedical 2021-293.
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC property is smoke-free.
Job Type: Part-time
- 8 hour shift
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.wpshc.com.