Tinneys Septic Service & Construction
This role is responsible to perform activities and duties related to the operation and maintenance of Heavy
Equipment, including but not limited to, Excavation equipment, Heavy Duty Trucks, Front End Loaders,
Screening Plants, compaction equipment, chainsaw or any other equipment that may be needed to perform
and complete project.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide the safe operation of the companies equipment, including equipment relating to septic system
installation, construction, forestry operations, storm water drainage, winter control activities, water
management, screening soil products, and landscaping
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on equipment.
• Advise of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
• Participate in routine maintenance and repairs.
• Perform maintenance on the property in which we base our operation.
• Maintain accurate and appropriate records of equipment maintenance and repair.
• Perform duties within the guidelines of the companies policies, procedures and standards and ensure full
compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements to reduce corporate liabilities and mitigate risk to
the health and safety of our company.
• Provide input with identifying best practices related to activities with a focus on continuous improvement,
efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
• Perform additional duties and special projects as required.
• Be responsible to work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, the
Township of Tiny, Tay, Midland and Penetang Occupational Health & Safety and Workplace Violence
Policy and Procedures, as well as established industry guidelines.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 3 years’ experience in a related environment desirable
• First Aid/CPR Certificate desirable.
• Valid WHMIS Certificate (can be trained if hired)
• Knowledge of applicable legislation including the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
• Sound judgment and excellent decision making skills
• A valid G driver’s license with 3 years driving experience and a good driving record.
• Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, and with customers
and the public
• Generally outdoor environment.
• Occasional exposure to conflict situations & adverse weather
Moderate to heavy physical activity and lifting.
• Must be able to work after hours or when deemed necessary to meet deadlines and deal with crises.
• Shift work could be required.
Level of Education Required: High School
Level of Experience Required:
•Training will be provided.
•Construction experience is a bonus
Additional Skills or Certification Required:
•Valid Drivers License is a bonus
Reports to: Mike or Barrett Tinney
Job Status: Full Time
Salary: $15 – 18 per hour
Hours of Work: Weekday
How to Apply:
Submit Cover Letter and Resume – email;
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com