WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
MARCH 9, 2023
JOB POSTING: OPSEU 2022-364
Temporary Part-Time Position (March 2023 to approximately September 2023)
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and
technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in
one of Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations. You can get from desk to dock in 10
Being a member of the WPSHC team means you work with a leadership team that is
collaborative and approachable. WPSHC team members are passionate and dedicated to
delivering high-quality patient and family-centered care. Our team approach offers employees
the opportunity to use their complete skill set in a modern environment.
We are currently looking for a Laundry Attendant, reporting to the Manager of Materials
Management, Environmental, and Linen Services, the incumbent is responsible for washing,
drying, sorting, folding and distribution of Health Centre linen.
Regular hours of work are 8-hour shifts, including weekends.
• Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent;
• Working knowledge and experience in handling hazardous chemicals and materials;
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and independently as needed;
• Ability to perform the physical aspects and responsibilities of the position;
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history, and
positive work references;
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills;
• Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound
Health Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibility, Excellence, and
• Previous experience in an institutional or commercial laundry environment;
• Demonstrated knowledge of laundry equipment and of handling hazardous chemicals
Compensation & Benefits:
$20.54 per hour to start
+ Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
+ 4% vacation pay and 13% pay in lieu of fringe benefits (10% if enrolled in HOOPP)
+ Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
+ Wellness Program & onsite gym
Please submit a resume with a covering letter by April 6, 2023, quoting position OPSEU 2022-
West Parry Sound Health Centre
Human Resources Department
6 Albert Street, Parry Sound, ON, P2A 3A4
Fax: (705) 773-4036
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment
and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate
in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any
accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised
the WPSHC property is smoke-free.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com