Elmvale Home Building Centre
The LBM (Lumber and Building Materials) Counter Salesperson is responsible for providing prompt
courteous and efficient service to customers, advising them on appropriate merchandise and related items.
His or her duties include being familiar with pricing, local building codes, types of building permits issued,
preparing quotations, as well as a variety of other related duties. The LBM Counter Salesperson must
perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of
service to customers and to achieve sales profitability.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Ensure customers are greeted within 30 seconds of their arrival at the LBM counter.
– Determine customer’s needs by asking open-ended questions.
– Communicate product knowledge to the customer as appropriate.
– Process special orders for non-stock or out of stock items.
– Be familiar with and maintain up-to-date information on pricing.
– Know local building codes.
– Know types of building permits issued.
– Know prices, practices, and policies of the company’s competitors.
– Help customers solve building problems.
– Update yourself with practical knowledge of building materials and lumber products, including their uses,
advantages, and disadvantages.
– Resolve customer complaints.
– Be familiar with current yard inventory and surplus items.
– Suggest rule, policy and / or procedural changes when you believe they would improve efficiency, sales,
profits, morale, etc.
– Maintain professional confidentiality of all store and customer records.
– Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
– Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good
common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the
– Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
– Friendly and helpful attitude toward customers.
– Good mathematical skills.
– Must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively with employees, management, suppliers, and
customers, to obtain accurate information for pricing, estimates, quotations, etc.
– Willingness to learn.
– Prior retail experience beneficial.
– Willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base.
– High School graduate or equivalent.
– Ability to work co-operatively in a team atmosphere.
Reports directly to the Store Manager, or General Manager.
Start Date: ASAP
Job Status: Full Time
Salary: $18 – $22 per hour-
Job Site Location: Elmvale
Advertise Until: Dec 31, 2021
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org