- Full Time
- Parry Sound — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: May 31, 2022
Trestle Brewing Company
We are hiring for both seasonal and permanent positions. A Line Cook is involved in preparing our gastropub menu quickly and precisely to a high standard. It encompasses all the tasks required in the day-to-day operations of a busy kitchen.
If you want to be part of a fast-paced, supportive, and team-focused culinary atmosphere, this is the place for you. You will develop skills that you can use to move forward in a culinary career or take with you into other pursuits.
About Trestle Brewing Company
Trestle Brewing Company is a craft brewery & kitchen located on the waterfront in beautiful Parry Sound featuring an incredible waterfront patio. Trestle is a destination for visitors to the area as well as a hub for the local community and events.
Our menu is focused on gastropub-style comfort food & small plates – done the right way and made from scratch incorporating local ingredients and our beer wherever possible. We are proudly Feast ON Certified by the Ontario Culinary Alliance.
Why Work With Us?
- Competitive wages and flexible scheduling.
- Weekly tip-out (averages an additional $3 to $4 per hour – varies based on sales)
- One meal included each shift. Staff discount available when not working.
- Join a family culture that is positive, supportive and inclusive with a strong management team.
- If you commit to us, we will commit to you and support your career growth
Your day to day responsibilities will involve all kitchen duties and include:
- Preparing our menu items to an exceptional & consistent standard
- Keeping kitchen, storage and service areas well maintained, organized and exceptionally clean
- Understand and effectively use and maintain all kitchen equipment
- Constantly use safe and hygienic safe food handling practices
- General duties and special projects as required as part of the team
- A passion for great food
- Must be available to work a schedule that will include morning, evening and weekend shifts
- Being able to work well with others
- Able to follow instructions and embrace feedback
Who You Are
- You are a team player – above all else.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- You are reliable, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- You are able to work through occasionally difficult and stressful situations.
- You must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours; bend, push, pull and lift 50 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.