Wave Fibre Mill
Parry Sound, ON
$15–$25 an hour – Full-time, Permanent
Apply on Indeed
Salary: $15–$25 an hour
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Full Job Description
Wave Fibre Mill offers custom fibre milling and processing services for Ontario farmers. Its vintage machinery is capable of fine fibre processing, and high-volume capacity. The mill will offer two fashion brands using fibre sourced from Ontario farms with regenerative practices and responsible animal husbandry: Wave Handmade offers high-end luxurious garments and accessories and Pondering Rock Country Line offers basic yarn, roving and batts as well as felt and fabric to consumers, craftsmen, and entrepreneurs.
Our team brings dedication and experience to the task of producing materials that are local, sustainable and provides knowledge to those new to textiles as well as those who are familiar with the industry. The responsibility of the operator of the loom is to run the loom efficiently so as to get maximum output with minimum defects, giving due importance to safety and environment aspects.
We currently have an opening for a Weaver at our Mill and looking to see if you have the experience to apply!
Location: Seguin Ontario near Parry Sound Airport
A Weaver is responsible for the production of fabric in the loom-room.
Quality control and a focus on standard operating procedures are vital.
The weaver will report to the Mill Supervisor but must communicate on a regular basis with the owner, and the Equipment Specialist to ensure looms are operating properly and for any support required to complete tasks.
- Thread loom shuttles with cross-yarn arms
- Position and feed machines with fibre packages
- Operate looms
- Continuously monitor loom for weaving defects (broken ends/picks, bad selvedge etc.)
- Repair broken yarns using a weaver’s knot, tying and splicing ends
- Replenish empty yarn cones
- Cut woven pieces off of loom
- Examine finished products for defects and variation, reporting faults in machines and carrying out quality control procedures
- Protect product during processing, staging and storage (avoid contamination)
- Assess product be as per training, standards and work instructions
Other Duties include: Packaging, Staging and Labeling – Paperwork and Communication – Computer Use
- High mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Is a team player and results-oriented
- Ability to interpret and comprehend information from job specification sheets
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn and take safe initiatives
- Must be good with problem solving and ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet all deadlines
- Ability to apply general common sense and courtesy
- Strong time management and written and verbal communications skills
- Must be quality conscious and motivated
- Customer focus mindset preferred
- Willing to participate in all required training
- Weaving, knitting, spinning, sewing or experience
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested, we encourage you to apply.
No phone calls please.
– Are you able to work legally in Canada?
– Do you live in the Parry Sound District or surrounding areas?
– Do you have experience in the textiles industry?
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$25.00 per hour
Flexible language requirement: French not required
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 protocols are in place and will be discussed with selected candidates.
Ability to commute/relocate: Parry Sound, ON P2A 2W8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Experience: Textiles/Knitting/Weaving: 1 year (preferred)
Language: English (required)
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.