- Part Time
- Parry Sound — Parry Sound and area
- Closing date: Feb 4, 2022
Sales Associates provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. These associates work in cooperation with their supervisors and other sales associates in various department. Specific store departments may include Lumber, Building Materials, Paint, Hardware, Electrical, Plumbing, Seasonal and Tool Rental.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ask open ended questions about customer’s projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise
- Ability to multitask
- Describe features and benefits of merchandise
- Explain the steps needed to complete projects and the products needed
- Maintain the in-stock condition of assigned areas, and ensure that it is clean and safe
- Some Heavy lifting required; bending, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time; comfortable with ladders
- Pick, organize and verify orders for delivery or pick-up
- Utilize computer terminals and/or Home Depot portable phone to check inventory, look-up orders and notify customers when product is ready for pick-up
- Candidates should be comfortable lifting merchandise to organize for customer pick up
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Experience in a fast paced customer service environment
- Experience working in a sales driven environment is an asset
- Excellent communication and reading skills
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
- Trade experience is an asset
- Proficiency with computers
- Detail oriented
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.homedepot.ca.