Website Chartwell Muskoka Traditions
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the general maintenance, servicing and repair operations to
maintain the residence, equipment, furnishings, fixtures and the surrounding grounds in proper condition.
Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with
Chartwell’s vision, mission and values statements.
– Ensures safety of residents by regularly maintaining equipment and furniture and by providing
general upkeep to the residence and its systems.
– Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within
decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the General Manager.
– As an integral member of the residence leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly
in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
Budget & Financial:
– Responsible for the sourcing and procurement of high quality maintenance products and services in
a cost effective manner.
Marketing & Occupancy:
– Maintains the appearance and upkeep of the residence by implementing regular painting and
decorating plans and ensuring that all furniture and fixtures are in good repair and operational.
– Ensures that all units are prepared and ready for occupancy.
– Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a
courteous and professional manner.
– Conducts duties in accordance with Chartwell policies and procedures, as well as, government
regulations, laws and policies.
– Schedules and conducts regular preventative maintenance activities.
– Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the
risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports/takes corrective action to
address actual or potentially hazardous situations.
– Chairs or participates as a member of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
– Conducts regular fire and emergency preparedness drills.
– Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information.
Operational & Administrative Systems:
– Plans and implements a daily, weekly, monthly and annual schedule of preventative maintenance
activities to ensure the residence and equipment are safe and in good working order.
– Performs minor building, electrical, plumbing and equipment repair services to ensure the optimum
functioning of the residence and equipment.
– Identifies and investigates residence deficiencies and equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate
– Receives and stores all non-kitchen related deliveries.
– Performs other related duties as required.
– Extensive experience as a maintenance worker.
– Demonstrated skills in light carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting and equipment
– Certificate from a program in general maintenance.
Skills & Abilities:
– Ability to multi-task.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
– Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
– Knowledge and ability to operate all fire equipment.
– Customer service oriented.
– Demonstrates initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Supervisory skills.
– Ability to perform required physical duties which may include bending, kneeling, reaching, standing
for extended periods of time, climbing ladders, lifting and carrying boxes, tools and equipment.
– Wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required by task, MSDS, or residence policy.
– Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations, to be on call and carry a cellular phone or
pager, and be able to work the hours necessary to ensure the effective operation of the residence.
– Must possess a valid provincial driver’s license and have access to a vehicle (may be required to
possess a Class “F” driver’s license).
– Medical clearance.
– Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
– Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org