Website Home and Community Care Supports Services
We have the following temporary, full-time position available immediately:
Manager, Home and Community Care
Location: Parry Sound or Sudbury
Term: October 18, 2021 to November 11, 2022
Job Posting #141-21
Home and Community Care Support Services North East is seeking a dynamic individual to support the daily operational delivery of home and community care services. Reporting directly to the Director, Home and Community Care, this position will lead a team in coordinating the delivery of and ensuring the quality of patient care services. This position will also be responsible for ensuring service standards, reviewing caseloads and monitoring service levels to ensure effective resource allocation. Preference will be given to candidates located in Parry Sound; however, candidates from the Sudbury area will be considered.
· Manages a team of staff in the delivery of coordinated, quality community health care;
· Identifies critical service delivery issues and refines services for the patient population as needed;
· Participates in the development and manages the implementation and evaluation of new service delivery models;
· Manages complex and difficult patient issues and complaints that cannot be handled in a routine manner;
· Establishes and maintains effective relationships with service providers to deliver quality patient care;
· Represents Home and Community Care Support Services North East on multi-disciplinary committees and community agency working groups;
· Acts as a key resource to all Home and Community Care Support Services North East staff and managers regarding designated service;
· Establishes and maintains relationships with professional organizations in designated specialty functions to ensure quality of care is current;
· Meets with staff to identify program needs and develop input to fiscal and operational planning;
· Engages and involves staff in change initiatives.
· Registered health care professional with a degree (or equivalent) in Nursing, Health Sciences or a related field;
· Significant experience in diverse and unionized community health care environments. Preference will be given to candidates with a strong hospital background;
· Leadership experience would be an asset;
· Ability to demonstrate system partnerships through established relationships and projects.
· Working knowledge of community resources and roles of health care professionals;
· Good knowledge and understanding of legislation governing health care activities;
· Knowledge of direct care/case management models used in community health care organizations;
· Familiar with remote learning and virtual care;
· Well-developed planning, organizing, critical thinking, decision making and evaluation skills;
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
· Effective planning, organizing and evaluation skills;
· Strong coaching, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
· Excellent written communications skills to prepare clear briefing notes, reports and analyses of data;
· Certified Health Executive designation preferred, but not required;
· Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. Some travel to other office locations may be required and necessitate driving.
· Advanced written and oral proficiency in English.
Commensurate with qualification and experience and subject to job evaluation.
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com 4:30 p.m. on September 30, 2021.
Please reference job posting #141-21 when applying.
For more information on Home and Community Care Support Services North East, please visit us at http://healthcareathome.ca/northeast.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
Home and Community Care Support Services North East is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consistent with Directive 6 issued by Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Home and Community Care Support Services has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy across the province that requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants being considered for employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination documentation confidentially to Human Resources upon hire. Any medical or human rights exemption requests will be reviewed and validated prior to an offer of employment.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2021-09-30
Expected start date: 2021-10-18
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- 8 hour shift
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org