Manager in Training
BURGER KING (Redberry Restaurants)
Parry Sound, ON
Apply on Indeed
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Shift & schedule: 8 hour shift, Weekend availability, Holidays
Manager in Training (MIT)
NOW SERVING GREAT JOBS!
Full-time positions available, including full training and benefits.
apply now to get your link and interview.
Why us, you ask?
- Health & safety measures
- Flexible working hours
- On–the–job paid training
- Meal discounts
- Free uniform shirt & hat
- Growth opportunities
- Health benefits
- Scholarship for employees and family members
- Career Development
- Above all else, RESPECT, FUN AT WORK & NEW FRIENDSHIPS.
‘Manager in Training’ is a developmental opportunity where you will be trained on the following responsibilities. You will act as a full-time support to the Restaurant Manager. The scope of this position is to eventually transition successful candidates into the role of a BK Restaurant Manager, which will be evaluated by periodic performance and operational need.
Manager in Training (MIT)
Reporting to the Restaurant General Manager (RGM), the Manager in Training (MIT) has overall responsibility to assist the RGM in managing daily operations of a single restaurant (10-45 employees) ensuring delivery on guest satisfaction and desired restaurant outcomes (i.e., increased sales, profitability, and employee retention).
- Directs efficient and accurate preparation and sale of products to maximize customer satisfaction;
- Ensures preventive maintenance of restaurant facility and equipment is completed in accordance with company standards;
- Motivates and directs team members to exceed customer expectations with fast and friendly service in clean surroundings;
- Provides coaching and feedback to Team Members, Shift Coordinators and Assistant Managers;
- Assumes full responsibility for restaurant profit and loss management by implementing marketing
- Strategies and follows cash control/security procedures;
- Maintains inventory, manages labor and applies financial reporting analysis to enhance restaurant results;
- Enforces compliance with government regulations, Redberry Franchising Corp. Market Policy, employment laws, food safety, Redberry Franchising Corp. Security Policy, operations, and Redberry
- Franchising Corp. policies and procedures relating to all restaurant activities across shifts;
- Leads restaurant management team in recruiting, selecting, hiring and retaining effective team talent;
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Prompt and regular attendance for assigned shifts, meetings and training.
- High School Diploma or GED required, 2 years of college preferred;
- 2-4 years of restaurant management experience;
- Complete all internal certification programs.
- Demonstrates English language proficiency that enables speech expression clarity and proficient reading and verbal comprehension;
- Demonstrates strong math and Windows-based computer literacy;
- Demonstrates leadership and development skills;
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills;
- Prioritizes and organizes own and others’ work and time to meet deadlines and objectives;
- Identifies and solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions;
- Applies knowledge and skills to a range of activities including complex tasks; may act as a technical resource to others in own area.
- Persuades and motivates restaurant employees;
- Sets day-to-day direction for employees to support business objectives;
- Manages the restaurant budget and sets guidelines for operating within that budget;
- Interprets customer needs and assesses requirements;
- Contributes to achievement of team goals; promotes teamwork;
- Understands customer needs and identifies solutions to non-routine requests.
Traditional Physical Requirements:
- Occasionally lift, move, carry, and stack cartons up to 50 pounds from various heights to/from shelves;
- Stand and walk for long periods of time (duration of shift);
- Occasionally climb on stools or ladders and reach for items located on shelves;
- Frequently squat or stoop to reach items on low shelves or off the floor;
- Routinely reach overhead, forward and underneath shelves, counters, tables, and kitchen equipment;
- Requires frequent motions of bending, wiping, sweeping, mopping, wrapping, and squeezing;
- Frequent exposure to fluctuating temperatures in areas such as cooler, freezer and cooking sections of Restaurant;
- Occasional climbing required for roof inspections.
Founded in 2005, Redberry Restaurants is Canada’s most trusted multi-brand Quick-Service Restaurant (QSR) Franchisee. We are committed to our strong, diverse team, and support each team member as they work hard to create operational excellence in each of the 140-plus restaurants Redberry currently owns and operates under the BURGER KING®, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell brands. Redberry is the fastest growing restaurant operator in the country with signed agreements for almost 400 restaurants in the next few years. We are bursting with growth and opportunities and are looking for talent to join our family!
Redberry is an equal opportunity employer committed to accommodating people with special needs and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with Redberry’s applicable policies when such needs are known and requested in advance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- How many years have you supervised staff for?
- Are you looking for Full time work
- What restaurant brands have you worked for
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.