WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
JUNE 21, 2022
JOB POSTING: NON-UNION 2022-262
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
MANAGER OF EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
Regular Full-Time Position
We are looking for a new team member! We are a team of dynamic inter-professionals that work in a
challenging and exciting environment. Our team supports each other in meeting challenges and strives
for continuous improvement and growth.
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and
technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of
Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations. You can get from desk to dock in 10 minutes!
Being a member of the WPSHC team means you work with a leadership team that is collaborative and
approachable. WPSHC team members are passionate and dedicated to delivering high-quality patient
and family-centered care. Our team approach offers employees the opportunity to use their complete skill
set in a modern environment.
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and being part of a terrific team, please forward your resume to the
email address listed below!
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, Director of Primary and Patient Centred Care, the Manager of
EMS works as a member of the management team providing management, leadership, and expertise to
Ambulance Services. The successful candidate will plan, develop, and direct ambulance services,
perform duties of a paramedic and/or duty officer as necessary, and liaison with other agencies. The
successful candidate will be responsible for ambulance and related equipment and all telecommunication
equipment. The successful candidate will develop and adhere to budget and manage all resources in a
fiscally responsible fashion including the identification and correction of inefficiencies.
• College level diploma in Emergency Care/Paramedic from a College of Applied Arts and
Technology of Ontario;
• Current certification as a Primary Care Paramedic in the Province of Ontario;
• Must be eligible to work in the Province of Ontario as per the Ambulance Act;
• Familiar with all applicable legislation and regulation, including but not limited to the Ambulance
• Formal managerial training;
• Previous experience as a Manager of Ambulance services and/or related EMS roles;
• Strong ability to facilitate positive relationships and team approach to problem solving;
• Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize multiple projects;
• Skill in managing staff members including the ability to delegate responsibility, organize
objectives, and evaluate subordinate effectiveness;
• Demonstrated knowledge of various computer applications and software related to healthcare
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history and
positive work references;
• Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health
Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibility, Excellence, and Safety.
Please submit cover letter and resume by July 5, 2022, quoting NU 2022-262, to:
West Parry Sound Health Centre,
Human Resources Department,
6 Albert St., Parry Sound, ON, P2A 3A4
Fax: (705) 773-4036
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to
applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please
inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC property is
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS • The job description presented in this posting is solely that of the employer. The YMCA Employment Service is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com